![]() |
| Okay, so they don't look so happy here. I promise you that they were. Not sure why they look so forlorn... |
When I was pregnant with the twins, I had a difficult time living in the moment. I was so terrified of miscarriage that enjoying my pregnancy was challenging. I remember my brother assuring me, one night, that J. and I had had such low lows that we were deserving of the highest of highs. He said that life is full of peaks and valleys and we had lived so long in the valley that it was time for us to enjoy the peak. He was so very right.
This is why we live so fully in the moment with Chick and Pea now. Throughout the years we spent trying to conceive and adopt, we lived always for the next blood test, the next injection, the next drive to the clinic, the next transfer, the next failed pregnancy test, the next doctor consult, the next invasive test, and the next month of starting all over again. We lived so much in the future through those years, but not any longer.
This fairytale we are living is still so new and we continue to be grateful for the two little beings (currently chasing each other around the kitchen/great room) for whom we worked so hard to bring to life.
Living In The Moment Part II Tomorrow...

I agree with your brother. You are definitely deserving of the highest highs. You paid your dues.
ReplyDeleteAll of the other moms in the market always seem miserable.
ReplyDeleteYour happiness is clearly contagious!
I felt the same way your brother felt during your pregnancy. I am just so happy you are enjoying a beautiful peak of life right now.
ReplyDeleteThe view from the peak is glorious and the flowers beautiful! So happy to know how much you enjoy each moment with your kiddos! I love how these precious little lives have caused us to enjoy the moment and seize the moment to spend time with them!
ReplyDeleteIt makes my heart and soul happy to know that life is so so good for you. I love that you take time to smell the flowers and that you are teaching your kiddies that too.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
I totally get the "living in the moment" thing. I enjoy every little thing Bri does (for the most part - LOL!) and I soak in every moment. I think the wait sometimes makes things so much more worthwhile - even though you usually don't understand the wait until you are on the other side of it.
ReplyDeleteYou deserve every happiness with those beautiful blessings of yours!
I think all of us that have traveled this road understands being stuck in that valley but now, being up on that peak, life is sweet. I will never take my gift fro granted.
ReplyDelete