Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Surgery

We have been dealing with a health issue (aside from the Ptosis) with Pea for the last few months and after seeking a second opinion to be completely sure, Pea is headed for yet another surgery.  This Friday, Pea will go under general anesthesia again and will have some healing to do afterward.  The healing will take longer than that of the surgery for his eye in January and, I suspect, will be more painful for him to deal with afterward.  Ugh.

While it isn't a serious issue currently, if left untreated we were told that there would be an 80% chance it would develop into a serious issue later.  That's a big number. 

So, if you are so inclined, we would appreciate any positive thoughts and prayers you can send.  This little one has been through so much already and I hate that he has to endure more pain and suffering. However, if it prevents pain and suffering later on, then this is what we must do.  As hard as it is, this is what we must do for him.
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts coming your way!!!! LOTS of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard to put your little guy through that, but hopefully he will bounce back quickly and go on to enjoy a healthy, happy life.

    I will be praying for all of you. Please keep us posted.

    ((PEA & MOMMY))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and love and positive thoughts heading your way…..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I'm so sorry Pea has to go through another surgery (and you have to go through another surgery! I know how hard it is to watch them go through this). I will be sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to both of you this week, and especially on Friday for a successful surgery and easy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor sweetie! Of course I will pray for him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little guy! Poor mama!

    Hopefully it's less scary this time for everyone since you know what you're in for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of you will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. The resiliency of little ones amazes me. Pea will bounce back to normal faster than we think possible, I'm sure.

    Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor little guy! I know it must be hard but you're right, if it helps him in the future than you're doing the right thing.

    Sending you guys positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of all of you.
    Prayers that all goes swimmingly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying it all goes well and he's back to being adorable pea very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hannah and I have been praying for Pea during our bedtime prayers and we'll continue to. Love and hugs to him...and mommy too.

    ReplyDelete