Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Scenic Route

We spent some time at a gathering of good friends today in celebration of one very sweet little girl turning one this week. On our way home from the gathering, we took the scenic route and drove by the hospital where the twins were born. Unexpectedly, my tummy did little flips and swirls as we passed. The memories of that week spent birthing and, subsequently, caring for our newborns flashed before my eyes and suddenly I was taken back to August of 2009.

Every parent tells of how quickly time passes when raising children and it is so true. I can't believe that we are parents to toddlers who are turning TWO this year. How did that happen? I mean, just yesterday we were taking them home from the hospital in their little bucket seats.
Photobucket
August 23, 2009
Although time is passing at a staggering rate, the anticipation of what is yet to come far outweighs any nostalgia I have. If the past 18 months are any indication, we have a lifetime of incredible memories to make and look forward to.
Photobucket
Chick and Pea all dressed up for the birthday party today. I haven't a clue as to what was so darn funny.

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe they were ever that small. And quiet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was it that they were so tiny??? WOW!!!

    Great picture of the two of them taken today!

    So great to spend time with you, J and the super kiddos today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just gets better and better. Seriously. I can never decide what "stage" I like best because they are ALL amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever it was he thought it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so adorable!! It was so good to see you yesterday and spend time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what will bring out memories isn't it? Just out of the blue.

    They look so tiny in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It SO brings you back!! SO tiny and SO amazing. The only thing that has changed is the package size...could eat them up!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete