Things I'm Thinking About
- Every so often, Pea breaks out in hives. They don't seem to bother him, but it can't be comfortable. He does have eczema and I suspect that our dry house is the culprit. I know his skin will appreciate spring and summer much more than fall and winter.
- Chick has been perfecting her two foot jump and is now jumping from anything she can climb. I have a super-cute video of her jumping from the arm of the couch onto the couch cushions, but she is wearing only a diaper and it is not fit for public consumption. You'll have to take my word for it. I mean, just look at this face and picture her jumping off the arm of the couch. Cute, right?
- At least once a month, I get the urge to move. Sometimes I check out homes for sale in our surrounding area and other times (like this past week) I check out homes in far away places. This week my search took me to California, to New Mexico and to Santorini. Oh, how I would love to live in Santorini. They need teachers everywhere, right?
- J. is slowly recuperating from pneumonia. I haven't seen him that sick in...ever. When we were dating (almost 18 years ago) we both contracted pneumonia at the same time. I had it worse than he did at the time. This past dose really took him out. I'm glad he is starting to feel better.
- Chick has yet another ear infection and is on antibiotics. She is a total trooper, though, and aside from one difficult day, she has been sweet as can be.
- Pea is resisting sleep something fierce. Yesterday afternoon, he cried for a l o n g time in his crib before I finally broke down and went up to soothe him. Seeing me only makes him more hysterical and the only thing that can calm him is to be held...by me. I brought him downstairs with me where he fell asleep in my arms within a few minutes. I placed him (safely) on a chair so that I could proceed to prepare dinner. How cute is he? He only slept for 15 minutes before he woke again.
- Thank goodness he's sleeping better today. A well rested baby is a happy baby.
- I put a "wanted" ad on a local site asking for a toddler slide. I could only find some for more than $50 and there was no way we could afford a toddler slide for that price. Last night, someone contacted me wanting to give us theirs FOR FREE! How great is that? Apparently, they are grandparents who had it for their grandson and no longer need it. I think they are just looking for someone to take it off their hands. J. is going to go have a look after work. Hope it works out!
They need teachers where I live too. Ever get the urge to move here? Huh? huh???
ReplyDeleteUm yah...about the moving? Unless it's closer to me you can just stop that searching nonsense!
ReplyDeleteHope the slide works out. If so, we'll be happy to help you test it Saturday!
I can imagine Chick jumping and she looks oh so cute!
Sorry to hear about Chick's ear infection. Hope she's feeling 100% soon.
Is it Saturday yet??
I would say move here but I don't like it here and wouldn't want to inflict my pain on anyone else.
ReplyDeleteGlad J is starting to feel better. It's horrible to be that sick.
Hope the ear infection clears up quickly too. I use to get them as a kid and they are no fun.
Hope J is better now. The children are so precious.
ReplyDeleteP losing his afternoon nap is early but all bodies work differently.
Looks like tubes might be in C's future, not a bad thing at all, especially if there is a lot of pain.
I would say anywhere but here is better, having traveled extensively, yes, I would say keep looking.
Poor Pea and his hives. I too break out in them a few times a year - over my arms and legs. The reason cannot be found. Dry winter skin is no help.
ReplyDeleteI see gymnastics in your future!
If you are moving, may I suggest the west end of the city!! There is MUCH to offer out this way!! MUCH!
YAY J and getting better!
Get better soon Chick!!
Is it wrong to drug your child to get them to sleep? I'm just asking... And YES he is SUPER cute!!
Did you get the slide??
Happy Friday!
I am constantly looking at the real estate section. It's not that I really want to move....when I consider all the yucky boxes and packing that comes with it, but I just like "seeing what's out there". I don't know why. It's a compulsion.
ReplyDelete