Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our Favorite Playgroup

Twice a week, the twins and I attend a very fun play group put on by Ontario Early Years. It's a free program sponsored by the government and a great way to spend our tax dollars.We take advantage of several other programs, but this one is our favorite by far.
Photobucket
This ball makes Pea incredibly happy. It's a popular ball among the kids, so he was lucky to have a chance to play with it this morning.
Photobucket
Chick loves to climb this thing. She extends her hands for me to help her down the second half of the rungs. I love that her little tongue is out and to the side in this picture.
Photobucket
Chick and Pea were the only children to go down the slide on their tummies. A little skill they picked up from their slide at home.
Photobucket
Chick was so happy to play with this basketball.
Photobucket
Pea stood under this basketball net holding a basketball for the longest time.  It was so cute. I eventually went over and hoisted him into the air so that he could dunk the ball.  He was so proud.
Photobucket
Chick and Pea's little friend Jack is in the background. He is adorable and I really like his mom. That's saying a lot. I don't like people.
Photobucket
Pea used to be petrified of the ball pit. Honestly, who wouldn't be? It's likely completely germ-infested. He's come a long way.
Photobucket
Cheeky Chick peeking out at me from inside a play tunnel.
Photobucket
A Canadian play group wouldn't be complete without hockey sticks. I hope he doesn't get any ideas. This boy will not be playing hockey on our watch.
Photobucket
Perhaps my favorite picture of the morning. Chick, much like her mom, sometimes gets overwhelmed by crowds and noise. I catch her, at times, finding a quiet spot to sit and take a breath before charging back out again. She sat here for a good while this morning watching the other children play.

8 comments:

  1. Did Pea get a haircut?

    There's a similar free weekly playgroup in our town but it conflicts with naptime so we've never been. I've also been chicken about chasing two toddlers in different directions. Of course at home they are rarely more than a foot or two (or half a metre, for you) away from each other) so maybe they'd stick together? You give me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to get a glimpse of your playgroup. Looks like a nice big gym to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wouldn't have fun at a playgroup like that? I want to play with that giant ball too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pea got a hockey stick!!! I guess that mean lady wasn't there this time. Way to go Pea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! That looks like muchos fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that last picture of Chick, beautiful. Looks like a lot of fun for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great that it is no direct cost to you! We (the granparents) pay a tidy sum to MyGym for Lovey Girl so she can do pretty much the same thing. And yes, LG likes to go down the slide on her tummy also. Usually she's the only one and it means a ton of giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic play group! Chick actually stops to take a breath when playing? I don't think Bri ever has. Sigh. I'm envious. :D

    ReplyDelete