Wednesday, February 16, 2011

18 Months - 1.5 Years Old

Dear Babies,

I always knew I would love you fiercely. Long before my blood was keeping you alive, you were loved. We spent 37 weeks and 2 days nourishing you, caring for you, talking about you, preparing for you and planning for your entrance into and life in this world. As much as I write about it here, you will never, ever know the depth of my love for you. Words fail to inspire the magnitude of this love.

What I didn't know, was how much I would like each of you. I am with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week (save for an hour here or there when I run an errand to the bank or grocery store) and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Sure, our time together is sometimes filled with tears and frustrations (some of those tears and frustrations are mine) but the fun and laughter outweigh those times a million fold.

You make me laugh until I cry. Primarily, your silliness as a team is something to behold. Whether you are chasing each other around the kitchen, hiding from each other in the curtains or rolling around on the floor in bear hugs, you each make an effort to see if we are watching. You love an audience and love to make us laugh.

Aside from holidays and gatherings with friends, we have eaten together as a family at the dinner table every single night. It is one of the most important times of the day and usually one of the most entertaining times. We always have such fun.

You surprise us and amaze us every single day. Your expressive language is expanding wildly and your receptive language is staggering. It's unbelievable how much you understand and how well you can follow directions. Is it wrong to enjoy the fact that Daddy and I can ask you to get us stuff so that we don't have to get up?

Happy half birthday, babies! You are the best, most wonderful babies in the world!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Your love shines through your words and sparkles in your beautiful eyes! How blessed Chick and Pea are to have you and J for parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful post. can't believe how fast they are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!

    And was there cake to help celebrate this milestone?

    ReplyDelete