Friday, June 25, 2010

No Fear

Our girl has no fear. She will climb atop anything stable (or not) to get her little body higher, she will play with the scariest of toys, she loves to be spun around upside down and sideways, she will eat anything I give her and she bullies her brother like nobody's business.
Just between you and me...I'm glad. Princesses and I do not mix. I was a rough and tumble tomboy and, though I want Chick to be her very own person in whatever form that means for her, I really, really want her to have an adventurous spirit. It's evident that she does.
Yesterday morning, I caught her climbing into her toddler chair and showing tons of pride in accomplishing the feat.
Photobucket
She thinks she's funny...
Photobucket
Oh, hi Mama!  What are YOU doing here?
Photobucket
Influencing her brother?
Photobucket
He just wanted a kiss!
Photobucket
Climbing is HARD work, Mama!
Photobucket
Safety Schmaftey, Mama!

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how big they are getting! So cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my Sarah, too! Always a tomboy, and still is. I have to admit, sometimes I don't understand why she couldn't care less about her hair, but most times I am thrilled that she isn't into hair, makeup, etc. She's just....Sarah. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that's my now 26 month old, totally fearless. By the time she was 16 months if I turned around for 3 seconds she would be standing in the middle of the kitchen table ready to take a step off...couldn't take my eyes off her for a second! We ended up having to keep kitchen chairs tipped onto the ground to keep her alive past 18 months LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the pride on that adorable little face!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better watch out for those two...
    The looks on their faces crack me up..
    Looks like they could come up with somethings to do...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two look like they are going to really be trouble together when they are 3 or 4. You can just see it in their eyes. Watch out.

    ReplyDelete