Monday, June 21, 2010

Breakfast Anyone?

If you really know me, you know that I am the farthest from a domestic goddess that you can get. That said, I'm trying (for the sake of my children) to make more of an effort where food is concerned so that the twins get more than cereal, toast and rice.
This morning, I decided to try my hand at making a recipe I found here called Banana Bites.

Photobucket
Gathering Ingredients - Yes, our Canadian milk comes in bags.
Photobucket
An egg shell in the measuring cup.  How'd that get there?
Photobucket
We only had one banana left, so I didn't want to make any more mistakes.
Photobucket
The stress that accompanied watching these little suckers for signs of burning was palpable.
Photobucket
Success!  No burns!
Photobucket
What the babies were doing as I was cooking.
Photobucket
My picky boy was apprehensive.
Photobucket
At least he's honest.
Photobucket
My "Eat Anything" girl.
Photobucket
LOVES IT!!!
Photobucket
Even Bear wanted in on the goods.
Photobucket
When the crying started, Pea was removed from his chair.
Photobucket
He's learning quickly, that I won't make personalized meals. 

So, one out of two liked it. Can I call that a success? I guess I'll wait until J. comes home to see if he likes it (there are TONS of leftovers). Anyone want to come over and have some?

10 comments:

  1. those two crack me up..
    LOVE IT..
    I will come over and have some..
    have a great day..
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! Not a domestic goddess? Could've fooled me! And yes, I'd call that a success!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely (still can't spell that word!!) a success! Those look super yummy and yes...we'll enjoy some day old banana bites tomorrow if there are any left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL those two! You must just laugh all the live long day.

    I'm unna make some of those for my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are smart to start the whole "won't make personalized meals" thing early. I wasn't that smart, my kids are now 9,5 and 2 and I'm pretty much a short order cook at dinner time...I'm trying to break the habit now and it's much harder when they are older!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be there in an hour!!

    The picture of Chick putting the food in is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look YUMMY. package 'em up and send 'em my way :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a great mom! I am off to check that site for new recipes for us.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! That sounds like a good recipe! LOVE the picture of Bear, sitting on the chair waiting. Home is so nice with a kitty in it. :-)

    Oh yeah, and the kids were kind of cute too...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look great!

    Thanks for posting that site. I am having the hardest time in the food department. Zac is a picky eater when it comes to new foods. I bet he will love those little banana bites. I am going to have to give them a try. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete