Wednesday, June 16, 2010

10

Ten whole months. Three hundred and four days. Wow. I can hardly believe that we are a mere 8 weeks away from their first birthday. I don't really want to think about that. So, instead I will focus on the here and now.

 Here 10 things I love about you as you celebrate your 10th month of life:

Pea,
  • I love the way you almost instantly rest your head on my shoulder when I take you to your room for your naps
  •  I love the way your whole face lights up when you see your sister for the first time in the morning
  • I love the way you crawl like a little bulldog with your hands turned inward
  • I love the way you seem to always crawl with a toy in your mouth or with one in your hand (you push it along the floor as you move)
  • I love the way you push out your bottom lip when you are really tired
  • I love that you are so proud of yourself and smile from ear to ear when you accomplish a goal
  • I love that you zerbert me just to hear me laugh
  • I love that you wave to people when we are out and about
  • I love the way your cheeks hang down and touch your chest when you fall asleep in your car seat
  • I love the way you furrow your brow and close your lips tightly when you are trying to figure something out
Ten months ago tonight, you were sleeping in the NICU and every three hours, I would make the long trek from my hospital bed to where you were in order to feed you.  I usually cried the entire way back to my room because I was so scared for you and so lonely for you.  I wanted you with us, but I knew it was best for you to be where you were.  In ten months, you have grown so big and strong.  It seems impossible that you were ever so little.
Photobucket
Pea on the left and Chick on the right.  Feeding time in the NICU.

Dear Chick,
  • I love how much you love your daddy 
  • I love that you wake from every nap and from every nighttime slumber with a big smile 
  • I love that you knock your two soothers together to activate the monitor so we know you're ready to be taken out of your crib
  • I love that you eat any food we give you and that you are such a hearty eater
  • I love your bright blue eyes
  • I love the curls in your hair just above your left ear
  • I love your sing-song voice
  • I love how tenacious and determined you are when you want to accomplish something
  • I love that you show your happiness in the form of dancing...even when there's no music
Ten months ago tonight, you were swaddled tightly in your bassinet beside my hospital bed.  Daddy was making the best of a chair-turned-into-a-bed and I kept waking through the night to make sure you were still breathing.  I still do this sometimes.  I couldn't, for the life of me, believe that you were ours forever.  I felt so lucky, so grateful and so elated.  I was exhausted, but my emotions kept me awake.  I still feel all of these things.  So grateful for you.
Photobucket
Chick on the evening of her birth. 

    8 comments:

    1. Such little sweeties. I also can't believe their first birthday is coming up!

      ReplyDelete
    2. How does 10 months pass so quickly??

      WOW!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I always cry when you do these monthly posts.

      I don't want them to turn one either.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love that you love them so much!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Happy 10 months..
      LOVE it..
      They are soooo cute..
      Hugs..

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love that you appreciate what you have. Enjoy every minute. :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Beautiful post! Beautiful babies! Beautiful family!

      And now they've given you 1 month for every year you were without them:)

      HUGS

      ReplyDelete
    8. Such cute little ones, then and now!

      ReplyDelete