Thursday, April 8, 2010

Big Guns, Submersion, and Recognition

Today, I brought in the big guns to help me handle the trials and tribulations of teething: Gramma and Grampa. They helped to entertain the babies, they held the babies, they fed the babies, brought over Infant Tylenol and Advil, and ran out to get some Baby Mu*m M*ums when we ran out. It was a BIG help and, though Pea was still not himself today, he was held a lot and was given tons of affection (as was Chick).  Pea's front tooth is just beneath the surface and I expect to see it make its debut tomorrow or the next day. As for his other front tooth, it's not coming in as quickly. His gums are swollen and the pressure must be painful.

Tonight was our third swimming lesson and the babies are really getting the hang of it.  The instructor took Chick and Pea individually at different points and said that they are really relaxed in the water. We also had an optional submerge and out of 10 babies, only one baby's mother opted not to submerge.  Chick and Pea were great with being dunked, although Chick had a bit of a panic attack for all of 3 seconds. Then she was back to her happy self.

Just before bed tonight, the babies realized that they could be great entertainment for one another. They have known about each other for a long while now and give big smiles to each other when they wake up from a nap, but tonight was the first time that they made each other giggle silly. It was the funniest thing EVER! I don't know what it was that made them laugh so much, but I sure had fun watching.
Pea was looking directly at Chick and Chick at Pea while they both belly laughed. Too cute!
 

13 comments:

  1. That is super cute!!

    Chick is changing so much and much more than Pea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that's cute! Yes, a great way to end the day.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute and amazing that you were able to catch it on video! Many more gigglefests to come I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I had taken my babies swimming MUCH earlier. All of my kids were sort of scared of the water at first. Good for you!

    PS- I love those "What NOT to do" books, like the illustration. They are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh they really laughed for a long time! Too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are going to be a lot of unspoken exchanges between the twins through the years that will leave you scratching your head. Might as well get used to it now huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psychic communication?

    Hope those teeth break through soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing babies laugh. That's very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet. Nothing like giggling babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is literally my favorite thing in the whole world when my babies do that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, I love those kidlets!!!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete