A sneak peak at Pea's crib
Both babies have been sleeping in their respective rooms for all of two weeks now and K2 is back in the matrimonial bed. While he misses sleeping near his baby girl, he is enjoying the comfort of a real bed. Chick is an amazing sleeper and seems to not only love her room, but her crib as well. She sleeps there during nap time and throughout the night with ease. Pea, on the other hand, is a bit of a challenge. Things are getting better, but he still dislikes the crib something fierce. We transitioned him from the bassinet to the crib by placing the bassinet in the crib for a few weeks, then by removing the bassinet and putting Pea in only the bassinet bedding inside the crib.
We are discovering that parenthood is really all about strategy. It's like learning to use the PeePee Tepee after being peed on a million times. On a side note, for whom does the PeePee Tepee work? We need more of a Pee Pee Six Man Tent and full rain gear in order to prevent the watershed that occurs in our house. But I digress...
All this to say that Pea's room is coming together and will be as beautiful as his sister's room in no time. I have ordered some personalized touches from Etsy and these will make both rooms as special as the babies who will sleep there for years to come.

I had no idea that having a baby boy meant getting peed on so often. I had heard that the teepees didn't work so I didn't even bother getting any. Instead, I am diligent about covering him up with an absorbent cloth and I haven't been sprinkled on in almost a week.
ReplyDeleteCan't WAIT to see what it all looks like.
ReplyDeleteYou are just being a tease now...
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the finished product.
Sounds great. I can't wait to see the finished pictures.
ReplyDeleteAnd I will rub it in......we have not been peed on one singel time in the 2 1/2 years Jammer has been home with us. Lucky? Yes, we know. But I'm sure you are loving your new scent. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Not only do you have more laundry now because of the little mites but I wonder just how many times a day do you have to change your clothes too.
It will be amazing, I am sure.
ReplyDeletePeepee 6 man tent cracked me up!
Keep smilin!
Here's to better nights of sleep for all! Our son was so much happier in his own room, in his own bed. Some kids are like that.
ReplyDeleteI saw a pee cup at our baby store. It was more of a dome with a stupid little animal on it. But maybe the shape works.
If you get tired of the teepees just put a nice thick wipe on his junk it will normally absorb quite a lot and the wiehgt of it actually helps stop the 'urge' to pee.
ReplyDeleteLoved the bedding, so glad you picked some up for the chick.
If you get tired of the teepees just put a nice thick wipe on his junk it will normally absorb quite a lot and the wiehgt of it actually helps stop the 'urge' to pee.
ReplyDeleteLoved the bedding, so glad you picked some up for the chick.