Monday, November 16, 2009

Moments

Having lived with our babies for thirteen weeks, you'd think we would get used to the fact that there are two babies here.  That we are parents to two babies.  That we have a son and a daughter.  That I am a mom and K2 is a dad.  However, it still shocks us.  So many times we look at one another and say, "There are TWO babies here...and they are here for good".  I sometimes worry that this is all a dream and that one day we'll wake up and find out that our beautiful babies were just a figment of our imaginations.   It's no wonder I check on them constantly and hate to be away from them for any amount of time.  Again, nothing is wasted on us.  I find small moments that take my breath away every single day.

The sunrise I get to see every morning from Chick's window.


The tiniest shoes and slippers by the front door.




These two beautiful beings asleep for their naps. 

If this is a dream, I never want to waken.

11 comments:

  1. And you never will have to! They are your children today and forever.

    I want my dream to become real too...I want our dreams to play together.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! here from Catherine's blog. Congratulations on your babies!

    I love that pic of the shoes by the door, I took a similar one when our son was a baby - my husband's shoes, mine and the baby's. To this day its one of my favorites. It reminds me I need to do a new one with our daughter's shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think when you wait so long for a dream to come true and it finally does come true, you still sometimes want to pinch yourself to believe it could possibly be real. I still find myself doing that and Briana has been with me for over two years. I find that the struggle made me appreciate everything so much more. I love seeing how much you are soaking in every little moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not dreaming.. you are in reality with the two most beautiful little ones and your WONDERFUL FAMILY..
    Hugs..
    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's not a dream! It's very very real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not a dream! It's not a dream! It's your beautiful, wonderful, sweet life. Ain't it grand?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this was facebook...I'd click "LIKE"!! ;o)

    I'm sooooooooo happy for you!! They truly are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me smile today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is truly wonderful when dreams become reality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is truly wonderful when dreams become reality.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh!
    So glad this dream became true for you.

    ReplyDelete