Today was not a good day at work. I got into a pretty heated confrontation with one of our VPs and was so angry about the exchange that it soaked through me all day. By end of day, I confronted her in her office and told her just what I thought of her policies and her lack of judgment where a particular student was concerned. She apologized, but I get the feeling that nothing will change. In my opinion, the rules of the school should apply to ALL kids, regardless of WHO their parents are or how integral the student is on a particular school team. Sigh.... I've never been good with authority; especially when the authority in question is not treating all students equally.
I'm tired. Probably should mediate before work tomorrow.

So glad Bear was toasty warm when you arrived home.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the work day. Tomorrow's a new one and hopefully a better one.
I'm happy that Bear was safe and warm.
ReplyDeleteOh, and happy(?) 29 month LIDiversary...not sure if that will put you in a more foul mood.
Glad to hear Bear was snuggly warm when you got home. He looks adorable in his blanketed goodness!
ReplyDeleteSorry about what you went through with your VP. Hopefully they'll have time to think over what you said and make the necessary changes.
I put a blanket in my dog's bed because it was so cold outside and I thought he might need an extra one. (He sleeps in our closet. Don't ask me....he likes it in there....) Anyway, he refused to sleep in his bed until I took it out. Sigh. :-)
ReplyDeleteI find everything a little harder to take when I'm cold. Hope it's a little better today.
ReplyDeleteBear looks snug as a bug. Too cute.
ReplyDeleteHope today is a better day at work!
So glad that Bear was cozy warm when you got home. Man does he look content.
ReplyDeleteSorry you had a tough day. I hope your VP has enough guts to do what's right and now what's popular and comfortable for her. Kids can so easliy see through people like that. Doens't set a good example or tone.
Just look at Bear in the sun...
ReplyDeleteNo wonder kids get confused when the rules that SHOULD apply are not consistent with all. I am sure this is one of the reasons that kids feel the sense of entitlement these days - make enough noise or whatever and you get what you want...
I adore that pic! I miss snuggling that soft fur of his. SO cute indeed.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you had to deal with a booger head of a vp. I admire you for standing up for what is right and sticking to your principles. Even when some don't.
Keep smilin!
I'm glad to hear Bear was toasty warm. That picture is adorable! How cute.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your VP. It's awful when there's a double standard that way. That student will never learn if people keep making excuses for them. Glad you made a stand.
That is such a beautiful picture. Stunning.
ReplyDeleteYes. same rules should apply to EVERYONE. Good for you for speaking up.
That looks cozy.
ReplyDeleteIt is sad to see that people are not treated equally.
I just want to snuggle right along with Bear. I hope that he did just that with you and helped you forget your bad day.
ReplyDeleteGlad bear is toasty warm.
ReplyDeleteI am like you.. I say it like it is...no matter what the position of that other person is. Be yourself and stick up for what you believe in.
I can remember when we used to cuddle our cats with us to keep us warm on cold winter days. Way to go to stand up to the vp. I'm afraid you are facing a battle that will never change but more people need to speak out about it. Sherry Mc (meema to "waiting4abby)
ReplyDelete