Sunday, January 11, 2009

Done

I can't take it anymore. The cold, the snow...it's all just so cruel. The temperature outside today is -17 degrees Celsius or 1 degree Fahrenheit. Come on!
Yesterday, as we were walking outside, I thought I might cry. Despite wearing my down-filled jacket, super warm scarf, and mittens the size of my head, the cold found its way to my bones. Literally, I wanted to cry. K2? He relishes it. Loves every second of it and can't wait to get out there and snow throw the driveway. Of course, he is a member of the Polar Bear Club...Weirdo.
The worst news of all? We likely have 2 and a half more months of this before we get any reprieve. Sigh.
We have friends who just returned from the Mayan Riviera and friends who are about the depart for the Mayan Riviera. I wonder if we can fit in their luggage...
At least I have never done this:

14 comments:

  1. I am hiding out...sigh...

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky am I that I am the friend heading there!!!

    Am I rubbing it in?? I don't want to rub it in. Today it was 26 degree C there...is that rubbing it in...

    I bought a bathing suit today...AAHHH

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k. I finally go the video to work...TOO FUNNY!!! I would NOT be a happy camper if that were me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose I shouldn't mention that it's 80 degrees here in sunny Southern California then...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls are loving this weather!!
    I am so over winter's bite, enough already!!
    Hibernation is sounding good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - very funny - that's totally something I would do. That would suck!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanna come with us to Hawaii??? We can always use the company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cold. I hate it too. It literally HURTS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right that winter started way early this year!! I vote for the snuggle in with the clothing and enjoying a week in the Mayan Riviera! Your friends would understand, wouldn't they?

    Hope you're able to get away sometime and enjoy something a little warmer.

    Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not just the cold, either. It's the feeling like an astronaut in a space suit and gloves so bulky that you can't pull a zipper. It's the constant static and fogged glasses and hunched shoulders. Aaaah. Canada in the winter...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get it...in MN we are about to get an ARCTIC BLAST...yep, thats what they called it on the weather last night...-20's and lower, and thats Farenheit so brrrrrr.

    I long for New Zealand in January/Febuary...to be this cold, well it's not right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1?? It's 1??? No no no no. That there is my death. How do you DO IT?? My blood would turn to ICE. TO ICE I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heehee to the video.

    It's 5F here...suckolicious.

    ReplyDelete