Here in Canada, the chilly mornings bring a sort of "neighborhood-car-starting" phenomenon that is quite a site to see. Canucks, in their fuzzy PJs and Sorel winter boots emerge from their houses 15 - 20 minutes before they are set to leave for work to attempt to start their sad, cold cars and to warm up the motors.

For as far as the neighbourhood eye can see, driveways host ice covered cars breathing out white plumes of exhaust while neighbours do their best to avoid those little hairs freezing to the inside of their noses.

The only, and I mean *only*, saving grace on a cold Monday morning is driving one's newly warmed up vehicle through the drive through at Timmies and ordering a steaming hot double double.

So there you have it. A typical wintry Monday morning here in the land o' frostbite. The only difference in my life this morning was that I woke with a wicked cold and that I had to suspend a grade twelve student before period one classes even started. Sigh...it's going to be a long week.
YES!! The little hairs in the inside of your nose make your nostrils stick together!!
ReplyDeleteHope the new car warmed up nice for your journey!
Feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteIt is bone chilling cold out there! We went out yesterday and I couldn't get warm once we did get home. It's just terrible.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I am SUCH a wimp whining when it is 20F here. 'Eek' is all I can say to that kind of cold.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! It is FREEZING here too...but you've definitely got me beat!
ReplyDeleteTry to stay warm, sweet girl, and feel better soon.
XO
Brrrrrrr! I thought it was cold here at 15F above 0. I'm staying south of our border in winter, thank you.
ReplyDeleteA suspension on a Monday morning. I hope your Tuesday is MUCH better, my dear!
ReplyDeleteA double double that size would keep me warm and in the loo all day.
ReplyDeleteFeel better sweetie!
Keep smilin!
Hoping the rest of the week will be better..and warmer!
ReplyDeleteLOL! What a great post! I'm one 'o da gals out there starting my car early but thankfully it's in the garage so I start her up with the door closed (*gasp!* - so as not to shock the neighbours with my winter jammies) then sneak back into the house and hit the door-open button for the garage as I sneak back into the house.
ReplyDeleteSadly in that amount of time though the little nose hairs have all grown individual icicles.
Ahhh...Canadian winters. Gotta love em?????
PS - Hope your week gets better. What a rough start!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...wonder how many more days until roll up the rim starts? Can you imagine the size of the rim roller that guy would need???
Uhhhhhh...would now be a bad time to mention that it was eighty degrees today where I live and I just came from the swimming pool(at 8:00 at night)? Yes? O.K., then I won't mention it! :) Hope it warms up for you soon!
ReplyDeleteTea, lots and lots of hot tea!
ReplyDeleteThe horrid part for me is when I cen't get my hands or feet past the frigid stage no matter what I do...and I'm inside.
Dreaming of the Carribean.....give it a try.
Ouch.
ReplyDeleteWait, what happened to that car that's packed full of snow??
I lived for a year in Crested Butte which is Colorado's cold spot, and had to plug in my engine block heater every night before going to bed.
Denver is BALMY by comparison.
Now that's a large Timmie's, I'll have a double cream, LOL!!
ReplyDeleteI guess I shouldn't complain about the trees starting to bud out here and the fact that I can go to the dogpark in short sleeves.
ReplyDeleteBut...we do have a chance of some ice this weekend when it dips down to 30F...chilly!!!
(But still 45 degrees warmer than you...sorry!)
((Word Verification word: "sscarry" ...quite funny when you're posting about temps that cold!
Ok....I am sorry you are so cold.....it's been very cold here as well.....but these pictures of fricking hilarious! Gave me a great laugh!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's day you two! It looks like you are holding up well in the cold.
ReplyDeleteABSOLUTELY love this post!!! You couldn't get any closer to the truth. Here I was thinking I was the only fool on the street running out to my car in my PJ's and my husband's boots to start the car **grin**
ReplyDeleteDeb