Friday, February 8, 2008

Is That Your Final Answer?

From Tanya:
What colour is your toothbrush?

I just got a new toothbrush last week from my dental hygienist. This new one is a sun shiny yellow.

From Michelle:
Speaking of toothbrushes...

Do you brush your teeth and take off your make up before bed?

I always, always, always brush my teeth before going to bed. I would not sleep a wink if I went to bed with guck on my teeth. However, I am not so great in the washing my face before going to bed regime. I wish I had a better skin care habit. I need some help in that area.


From Michele:
Do you wear socks to bed or go au naturale?

I am covered from neck to toe when I go to bed. I live in Canada and I am in a state of hypothermia most of the time. The only time I take off my socks is to take a shower.

From Kerri
If you could dine with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
What do you think they would present you as a hostess gift?

I would love to have dinner with Bono from U2. He has so much to offer in terms of conversation and I would love to hear his thoughts on all of the political leaders with whom he has met. I can't imagine all of the knowledge he must have and the passion he carries.
I suspect he would bring me some (RED) products. I would love that.

From Sweet P's Mom
Coffee or tea?

If I didn't have coffee, I would die. Plain and simple.

From Lisa:
When eating Smarties do you eat the red ones last?

I do not eat the red ones last. As a matter of fact, it is my firm belief that we should cease all elitist hierarchy of candy. I mean, are the red ones any better? Must we judge our candy by the color of their coating? Aren’t we a better human race than that? Have we not learned anything? Why must the segregation continue?

From Anonymous:
What is the most important thing in planning a vacation?

I need to have a clean, comfortable hotel room. It is a non-negotiable aspect of any of our vacations as I would never be able to enjoy myself without a clean and comfortable room. I have an aversion to germs and to dingy smelling rooms.

From Michelle:
If you could only eat one thing from now until the end of time, what would it be?

I'm such a foodie. This was a very hard question for me. I think that if I had to choose, I would go with pizza. I love sushi, but can get sick of it if I have it too often. Pizza is a mainstay with us and I never get sick of eating it, so I will go with that.

From Dolores:
You are brave! If you didn't go into teaching, what do you think you'd be doing career wise?

Before I went to Teacher's College, I was a psychology major and headed for a job as a psychologist with a private practice. Five years ago, I began thinking seriously about becoming an OPP constable and applied to a summer initiative called OPP Bound, but did not make it in. I wear glasses, so I would have to get laser surgery to even apply to become a police officer, so I think that is out of the question.

From redmaryjanes:
Who in your life is your greatest source of strength?

I thought a lot about this question and though about the people closest to me. K2 lightens me. He helps to untangle the proverbial rope in which I wrap myself throughout the week and keeps me laughing and silly. My parents provide direction when I am faced with uncertainty. Tanya provides me with realism and objectivity when I want to rage, when I want to cry and when I feel completely overwhelmed.
Ultimately, though, I am my greatest source of strength. It has taken me a long time to discover that I have to rely mostly on myself for the strength I need. I am the hero of my life and I am the person in charge of my decisions. While I rely on K2, my brother, my parents and my best friend for advice and direction, ultimately it is the strength that I possess deep down that sees me through every life event that I face.

From Yoli
Who was your greatest inspiration as a child?

I would have to say that my greatest inspiration as a child was my parents. They each provided me with security, wisdom, safety, and love and I never once felt as though I was anything less than an amazing gift to them.

From Mamasoon:
Is this hard for you to do? I feel like you let us all into your quiet little office and we are all wearing loud shoes. ((hugs))

Not hard for me to do at all. It's sometimes difficult for me to think of things to write on my blog, but having all of these questions to answer has given me something to focus on for the week. I have enjoyed reading the questions and writing up my answers. You are most welcome in my "office", sweet girl.

From Rony:
What do you like to do for fun? how did your meet your honey pot? Where would you spend the rest of your life?

See my answer to the question about my ideal weekend if you want to know what I do for fun. On a simpler level, I love to people watch and K2 and I love to go to a mall, grab a cup of coffee and sit watching the shoppers go by.

How did I meet K2? It was May of 1993 and I was home from university for the summer. From my parents’ living room window, I could see my neighbor Steve playing catch with a football with this very cute boy (K2). Naturally, I decided to take my father’s newspaper and head outside to sit on the front steps with the hope that the boys would notice me and come over to talk to me. I wasn’t out there five minutes, when they approached. Steve asked me to go to a party with him and so I did. K2 was at the party and we spent most of the night talking to one another instead of our dates. Still nothing came of it. I continued to casually date Steve and even set K2 up on a couple of dates with Tanya. In July, K2 called me and we talked for a long while on the phone, we decided to get together for a bike ride and the rest is history. We have been together ever since. Fourteen years together and married for nearly twelve.

Where would I want to spend the rest of my life? My life's dream is to live somewhere warm all year through. I would NOT miss the seasons one bit and would love to have vitamin D all year through. I am seriously affected by the seasons and crave sunlight in the worst way right about now.

From Moggy:
I want to know the same thing David wants to know. When are you coming to Texas?

As soon as you get a TV.

From Mrs. Vandertramp:
Is there a page up and page down function on a macbook?

Yes. Get one...once you go Mac, you never go back.

From Nikki:
Do you ever think about moving? If so, where?

We often think about moving somewhere warmer than the chilly side of Canada. The multiple listings service is bookmarked and we look at houses all over North America all the time. Ideally, I would love to move to San Francisco, but I am not so sure that this is a feasible dream.

From Briana's Mom:
What is your favorite type of music and who is your favorite music artist?

I've kept my musical preferences quiet on this blog for a long while. I am not a big fan of music, but if I had to choose, my choices would likely shock most of the people who read this blog.
I like Limp Bizkit, Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, and my current favorite is The Drowning Pool (I especially like to listen to Let The Bodies Hit the Floor on my way to school in the mornings). Angry music is my thing.
I do not like music (or musicals) in general and prefer news radio to anything else.
There...I said it.

Special K:
Thong or granny panties?

Thong.

From wzgirl:
What is your favorite smell/scent/essence.

If Oprah gave you a million dollars, what would you do with it??

My favorite scent is Chanel No. 5. When I was little, I used to sneak into my mom's room and dab a bit of her Chanel No. 5 on my wrist just so that I could smell as good as she always did. When I got my first "real" job, one of the first things I spent my pay on was my very own bottle of Chanel. Now, every Christmas, K2 buys me a bottle. It is my signature scent.

If Oprah gave me a million dollars, I would pay off my mortgage and quit my job. I'd use the rest of the money to try to figure out this fertility business.

From Beth:
Where can I get more info on being an introvert? It think my dh is one and I need help figuring out why he does what he does.

Buy this book: The Introvert Advantage. It will change the way you think about introversion.

From Rhonda:
Since you're the cereal gal...

If you had to make a choice Shreddies, or "new" Diamond Shreddies. ;)

(Don't hit me.)

I would choose no Shreddies. I don't like 'em.

From Sandra:
Is there anything positive that you have learned from the pain of infertility?

This is the one question that stumped me.

I have learned that I am stronger than I ever thought possible.


I have learned that my husband is in this for the long run.


I have learned that Tanya is the truest friend I could ever have.


I have learned that my parents love me more than they love the idea of a grandchild.

I have learned that out of the fog of infertility a black-haired beauty from the other side of the world will envelop us in her love and hold us there until the day we die.

Thank you all for giving me much to think about this week.

12 comments:

  1. K1, I love all your answers and I am so glad you answered my questions. I wasn't sure if it was okay to ask, if it would cause you too much hurt, but your answers brought me to tears. Especially the last two.

    Sending you hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the different levels of questions asked of you - and I love all your answers!

    The story of you and K2 meeting is just so sweet!

    I am with you on the taking the make up off - I am so bad and rarely do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsas. Great answers!
    You REALLY like that music, or were you just teasing us.....? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers!

    Wow! I never figured you being an angry music person. I have learned something new!!

    Love Chanel 5 too!

    I was a psych major too. This similarity thing we have going is kind of creepy - LOL!

    I absolutely love the last answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a psych major, too. For the whole semester that I went to college. LOL!

    A cop, huh? I had no idea.

    Nor would I have guessed the angry music thing either.

    Love love love your strength answer. You said perfectly what I feel. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you and I both dream of basking in the warm rays of the sunshine all year round...maybe someday?

    Your answers were sweet, honest, funny, and beautiful - just like you.
    That last one brought me to tears.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing all that you have. It is so nice. I love the final question and your answer to it. Good can come out of anything. As you already know, you'll see the good if you look for it.

    Do you take the summers off from school? If so, how do you spend that time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers and I love the new look of your blog. It is so lovely. I am laughing over the answer to crazylady. I do the samething, there is never ANY contact of skin to porcelain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I particularly love your answer to the "who do you rely on" question. I feel the same way. You put it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! It's neat to learn more about you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. late as usual my dear......
    speaking of cereal, do you still have one called "Alpen"
    I loved this as a kid and they don't sell it here anymore.

    hint hint

    ReplyDelete