Sunday, February 3, 2008

Imminent

While everyone else in the free (adoption) world is following rumors about suspected cut offs, I am following rumors of a different sort.

I have never felt so materialistic in my life. Actually, I am giving myself permission to be materialistic. I can justify the purchase in several ways:

1) I haven't bought a new computer since 1998
2) My current eMac was a gift from my brother
3) I can use my laptop in the classroom and make my lessons come to life with Pow.erPo.int.
4) I can take it to the local café, order myself a café mocha and blog like a heathen.
5) I can blog from the comfort of my living room (stop laughing, Catherine, Michelle, Doris, and Tanya).

This is the last time I will post about the MacBo.ok Pr.o desire. The next time I do, it will be because I am posting ON my new Ma.cBo.ok P.ro.

14 comments:

  1. Your current computer is 10 years old???

    You definitely NEED a new one!!!

    Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh.....indulge, baby, indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

    It will change your computer life.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog from all over the house. It is very cool! Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally! I know you've been drooling, I mean waiting patiently for one for a long time. No need to justify being materialistic, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *snort!* Still giggling as I think of your 'posting from the comfort of your living room' comment. Ummm..yah!

    SO HAPPY for you friend as I know you've wanted to take this step for a long, long time but have waited for the right moment. Glad that time is NOW! Wahooo!!!!!!!!

    Oh yah...check your email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go get 'em tiger. I'm right behind ya on this one, though I'm going all-in-one i mac :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered a laptop this weekend...I say go for it. I understand about felling materialistic, but once in a while doing something like this doesn't make you materialistic, Right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop working to justify it...just do it! You'll be so happy.

    I think I might finally be getting a laptop myself soon. Yahoo! Maybe it will be a red one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you must, must, must get that laptop and write it off as a business expense. I hope you stop wishing and starting choosing the one you want to take home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ni-i-ice. My husband's threatening to get me a second-hand laptop for my b-day. I've never gone mobile (though my mom swears by it). I have lovely dreams of the coffeshop lifestyle...although I don't know if I'll ever find time for that since I'm a little tied to my studio.

    ReplyDelete