Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Answers

Question #1
From Crazylady:
Do you sit on the public restroom toilet seat or do you hover... and I mean 100% of the time??? Do you ever squat because you're lazy/tired?

I try to avoid all dealings with public anything. I am a little OCD in the germs department and, unless I am really in a pickle, will try to avoid it at all costs. If I have to use the restroom, there is typically no skin to porcelain contact.

Question #2
From Rhonda:
What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Not much. I rarely crave anything chocolate or anything ice cream-y related. I can go without both of those things for a fairly long time.

Question #3
From JAJ:
What have you noticed to be the biggest difference in teaching Jr. High and Highschool?

As far as the students are concerned, they are simply taller. I miss the trust I had with my grade eights. Spending 6.5 hours a day, 10 months of the year with a group of students allowed for trust to develop between the students and me quite easily. In high school, being with the students for only 72 minutes a day makes it more of a challenge to develop a feeling of mutual trust.

Question #4
From David:
Okay: My question is:
When are you coming to Texas?

Or...

What do you consider your biggest strength?

We would LOVE to come to Texas and it is one of the places on our list of states to visit. It is lovely to know that when we do fly in, we will have three very special beings to greet us…you, Amy and Sampson. I cannot wait to play race the tennis ball with him.

My biggest strength is my integrity. I have strong moral principles and my values are steadfast. I stand up for what I know is right regardless of the consequences for doing so.

Question #5
From Mamacita
I think you said a long time ago that you lost a lot of weight (and you look gorgeous!) How did you do it?

In 1994 I lost 30 pounds. I have kept the weight off for almost 14 years and I am proud of myself for this. I am 5’7 and before I lost the pounds, I weighed 164 pounds. Though not obese by any stretch of the imagination (I was a size 13/14) I just felt as though I wasn’t comfortable with the way I looked and felt.
I started to eat three meals a day, controlling portions and not snacking at all. I did not eat a thing between the hours of 7:00p.m. and whatever time I woke up the next day. I am a nighttime snacker, so this was a challenge. I started to move more, starting with jogging one mile on the treadmill a day and eventually working myself up to 4 miles a day. The weight dropped off of me. Mind you, I was 21 at the time and think that this helped a great deal. I will always have to watch what I eat and be careful to not overindulge because of my history.


Question #6
From Janet:

What does your ideal weekend look like?

What does a "REAL" friendship have to include?

My ideal weekend is a weekend spent in Montreal with K2. Friday evening, we would walk along the famous St. Catherine Street dipping in and out of the various shops along the way. For dinner, a restaurant along Rue Crescent would be in order followed by dessert at A.L. Van Houtte.
Saturday morning would find us traveling to Le Faubourg for piping hot and freshly made bagels. Le Faubourg houses the most wonderful array of ethnic foods and food retailers and we could easily spend the afternoon shopping and picking up fun foods.
Saturday evening would find us at a local Dépanneur picking out some cheap wine to take with us to an "Apportez Votre Vin" restaurant along Prince Arthur Street. After dinner, we would walk back to Centre Ville for some Irish music and very dark beer at The Old Dublin Pub. There is nothing like kicking up your heels to "Whiskey in the Jar" with a live Irish band.
Sunday morning would find us having brunch at Eggspectations in Old Montreal. After our feast, we would walk the cobblestone roads and watch the artists creating their masterpieces outside charming old villas. We may stop to pose for a portrait or to buy some of the local artisans' work or we may simply choose to shop the local stores for other wares. Sigh...I want to go.

Real friendship has to include loyalty, trust, honesty and humor. I have it all and more with Tanya. I never question her loyalty, never wonder where I stand with her and never worry that she is speaking unkindly of me. I just love that girl.

More answers soon!

9 comments:

  1. Great answers! Your ideal weekend sounds.....well, ideal.

    I love the friendship you have with Tanya! It is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still cracking up at crazylady's question. I NEVER EVER EVER touch the seat. If I do it means I have had a neurological event. The thought of unidentified moisture horrifies me.

    OCD right with ya ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try your method of weight loss. I haven't been doing very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers and a big congrats on the weightloss and keeping it off all of this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you never make use of those paper mache seat protectors? Does anyone use those?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! We will greet you at the airport! And yes...I've figured you have a lot of integrity...

    Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are such an incredible soul...I love learning all these little things about you. It is OBVIOUS that you are a person of integrity and that the friendship you offer is one-of-a-kind and I LOVE that you have that reciprocated with Tanya.
    Your ideal weekend sounds SOOO perfect! I've never been to Montreal, but you make me really wanna go! I do hope you and K2 find yourselves there again soon.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good answers to some great questions.

    I've met David and Amy, they are incredible people. Get out there soon! I hope to be there again around Christmas (used to live there, have family there).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little known facts about David, the minister:

    I really like Nine Inch Nails.

    (don't tell anyone!)

    ReplyDelete