Thursday, January 17, 2008

Up and Down Bullets

  • How happy am I that tomorrow is Friday? It has been a forever week and I am beyond exhausted.
  • I have a zillion emails to which I have to reply. I am not ignoring you, I am trying to find my way through the week.
  • My husband is asleep on the floor. He's tired too.
Photobucket
  • K2 won over $200 in a football pool last week and bought a GPS with the money. We never go anywhere, but at least we'll never get lost on the way.
  • All of my exams are made and ready for photocopying. I'm more stressed about them than my students.
  • I met a good friend of mine for coffee after work today. We talked for a long time before he felt brave enough to tell me how sad he is that he is nowhere near becoming a father. He desperately wants children, but has not found the right person. When tears filled his eyes, I felt helpless. A father-in-waiting. And what a great dad he will be.
  • One of my grade 12 students cried in class today when we were discussing divorce. She told us that her mom is taking her dad to court and she may not be able to go to college as a result. How can I expect her to focus on what I am teaching with so much worry in her little heart?
  • I thought I was going to bleed to death on the weekend. When will my body recover from the miscarriage?
  • When will my heart?
  • Everybody hurts.
  • On my way home from work, I stopped to get some lettuce for a salad I was craving. I decided to pick up K2's favorite pizza as a treat for him. When I got home, he had stopped at the candy store to buy me my favorite treat. We are so good to each other.
  • Two separate people in the last two weeks have called me "Doctor Jean Grey" in passing. I didn't know what it meant until I Googled it. This is Doctor Jean Grey (Famke Janssen):

Photobucket

  • Why is it always so much easier to believe this version of myself:

Photobucket

  • I have a dentist appointment on the 28th.

31 comments:

  1. That last picture is to scary. I'm sorry your week has been a bit rough. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you said "we are so good to each other". You are not only good to each other, but obviously good together as well.

    TGIF tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, everybody hurts...sometimes. (Now I'm singing)Anyway.
    I'm glad that your dad-in-waiting has you to lend your ear. Sometimes that means EVERYTHING.
    I'm also glad your student has you for her teacher - it probably helps even more than you know.
    Sorry you're still hurting emotionally AND physically from the miscarriage. I have no words to make it better, but man! You and your hubby ARE SO great to each other. I love that. What a blessing.
    Hope you have a VERY good weekend. Sounds like you've earned it.
    P.S. You very much resemble the first pic and NOT AT ALL the second - ew.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a forever week. It is the tiring, cold time of year.

    Sweet...now there is not getting lost on the way here.

    I bet they are super exams...full of challenging questions.

    That is so sad. It must be so disheartening. I hope he finds what he wants.

    That is heartbreaking...

    I did not know you were still suffering physically.

    I know you are still suffering emotionally. Time is what will heal it.

    We all do...sigh

    You are just the sweetest couple. Sweet to others and to each other.

    I can see the resemblance. Both hot gals. I see you as you...gorgeous! Not as a transexual...

    Floss well.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture scared the sweet bejesus out of me...excuse me while I go floss.

    I'm so sorry that you're still going through the pain of the miscarriage.

    You are both good TO each other and good FOR each other. You're a beautiful couple together and we feel honoured to know both of you.

    I'm sorry I've been dumping all of my stuff on you this week when you've been inundated with school work and planning exams...

    Congrats K2 on winning the money...even if you don't go anywhere. At least it will help you get to Sushi Mountain quicker?! (Not that you really need directions). ;) By the way, when are we going back, I've got an itch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to send you a hug and let you know that I'm reading, and waiting for my heart to heal too. I'm so sorry that you are still suffering physically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHh I wish I didn't scroll down to that last picture. I think I will make a dentist appointment too.

    Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You my sweet friend are gorgeous inside and out. Love you!

    Also, love the way you and K2 treat one another! Yes...that's the way a marriage is to be. For this I wait.

    Glad you're ready for your exams. Yeah for the GPS! I love using dad's even though it drives mom bonkers. Ok...when he puts it on to get from 'O' to home I gotta agree with her that it can get annoying. LOL!

    Gotta admit...I snicker every time I see a pic showing your puter back on the main floor. Ah yes...try as we can to resist it just ain't happening!

    Finally, think I may be being drawn to WFF this weekend for an Apple Fritter. Hmmm...wonder what wonderful friend introduced me to this delicacy? Yumm!!! Have I inticed you yet???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are still out there. Sounds like a tough week and an especially tough weekend.

    I hope you and K2 find some fun things to do this weekend.

    BTW - That is one very scary picture. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think you look WAY more like the first picture, sweetie. Trust me, you do.

    I love that you care so much about your students. If EVERY teacher was like you, I would probably be sending my kids to school! :-)

    I hope your heart (and your body) heals soon. Is it still that heavy? I'm not sure it's supposed to last that long. I didn't for me. Maybe you should see your doc?

    STILL praying for you and thinking of you. As always.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely the first picture....second picture freaked me out.

    Hang in there hon. I'm so sorry you're having a bad week. We're always here. TGIF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shawn will be happy to hear that you've bought a GPS. I'm convinced he's trying to convert the world to GPS's.

    I'm sorry you're still reeling physically from the miscarriage. You're body will heal. Your heart might take a bit longer. I'm sending you lots of hugs.

    You two are very good to each other. You're a wonderful couple.

    I agree, thank goodness it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post...I'm becoming a fan of the "bullet posts" from the Canadians! I might have to steal.

    Sorry things are still hard...I know you'll pull through, though.

    TEXAS?!?!?!? DID YOU SAY TEXAS?!?!?!! Well, depending on where you fly in, you know we'll meet you, show you around, and you can stay at our house if you're in the Dallas area...even if it's for a couple of days it will make your trip cheaper and our spring break sweeter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fact that your husband and you each got a treat for eachother. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That last picture is just plain nasty. Now I can't remember any of my comments to your very touching post.I am typing with my eyes closed so that I don't have to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that picture hurts my eyes! Ouch!!!

    I'm sorry that you are still hurting, friend. :-(

    I think you should play matchmaker for that friend of yours. I've been reading a blog in which the blog author mentioned her handsome nephew. She was deluged with emails from readers who wanted to be set up with him. But, one email really caught her attention. It was from a woman who thought the nephew would be perfect for her friend. So, through that the nephew and the other blogger's friend ended up meeting for a weekend - in France. The nephew is French. The blogger is American, but married to a French guy and living in France. And the "friend" is American. They emailed for a while before they agreed to meet. Now, it seems to be true love. I'm so caught up in their love story. So, I think you should play matchmaker, K1!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for Friday!

    Hope you are feeling better, babe. And lucky you and K2 are so amazing to each other. You both deserve the kindest, most amazing partners - woo hoo!

    Get some rest, doll, and enjoy the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl you are beautiful and strong. You will heal in time. What an awesome husband you have a a great marriage.

    Sending you hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think sometimes we forget just how much the "Daddy's in waiting" can hurt too. I know my hubby felt such pain and disappointment, it wasn't something he'd talk about openly to family and friends, glad we had each other.
    I love that you and your husband look after each other. ;)
    The last photo, freaks me out, scary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You make me laugh....I got a chuckle out of having the GPS so you don't get lost when you don't go anywhere.


    Hubba Hubba, Dr. Grey!

    You are in my heart. Please keep close contact with your care provider because, of course, now I want to ask you 1001 medical questions about what is still going on. I am hushing up now though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Feel better. Take the money and blow it on something fun. I won a Survivor pool the first year the show was on. Totally fun!

    I need to update the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Famke Janssen is the new bookcase I just bought from Ikea. And that too is stacked.

    Listen girly, what cannot be avoided must be endured. The pain always lasts longer than the rush. That just makes the rush that much better when it comes. I suck at advice, ,unless I'm dishing it out to my kids... and I don't think your panties smell poopy do they? Right. Stick to your candy. I'm here if you want to hear me breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Zoiks! That last photo will certainly give me nightmares.

    I have no great advice. I do know the physical pain heals much quicker than the heart.

    Glad you have a weekend to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear your week was so tough. I was sick all last week and Doug had surgery - let's just say I am glad last week is over.

    Your heart is going to hurt for a while. Time is the only thing that heals...

    That last picture - EEEKKKKK!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Miss hearing from you. Hope you are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  26. There are no words to ease what you are going through. Only time. Be good to yourself, treat yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Honestly, WHAT happened to her nose? Get some rest, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. dear.......I clicked her from TRIAD who has you linked as weird.
    weird as a compliment I am sure.
    I love your blend on things.......I still think and worry about you
    but am glad to hear you bounce back a little through your snark.

    ReplyDelete
  29. oops
    not triad......maple

    and not you weird.you suggesting something weird
    though this post......might change that
    xo

    ReplyDelete