Saturday, January 12, 2008

iBlog

Photobucket
My very sweet friend, Sandra from "Jazzie and Tahlia" has nominated me for a "Blogging With A Purpose" award and I am completely honored.

My journey in blogging began as a way to keep my family in the know about the progress of our adoption and in the past two years it has become so much more than that. It has allowed me to keep my sanity through writing, it has been the catalyst through which amazing friendships have been made and it has empowered me to stay in touch with my own feelings in an authentic manner one keystroke at a time.

There are so many of you who bravely write with purpose and I am humbled by the beauty of your words. Thank you, Sandra for thinking of me for this honor. You are an incredible inspiration to so many.

This award does not come without a certain responsibility. I now must extend the honor to other bloggers whom I feel blog with a purpose. There are so many of you, but today, I will choose just two.

Tanya over at "High on Craft" has recently found her inner blogger and I am so happy that she has found her niche. Her artistic talent is amazing and you will be awestruck by what she produces (she has been my best friend for 20 years, but I'm not biased or anything). Check her out!


Trace over at "One Hardy Swimmer" is beyond brave in her journey to motherhood. She began this blog to chronicle her adventures in domestic adoption (complete with a birth mother who scammed her) and in donor insemination. She writes with no holds barred and I love that about her.




AWARD GUIDELINES:

Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.

1. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
2. In their post about the award they need to link back to the original entry.
3. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to Eric Novak's site.

10 comments:

  1. Your words are inspiring and heartfelt.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the whole reason that I started blogging. Thanks mang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award, you have shared so much with us , good and bad. I for one have been glad to be in your company...
    Tanya, your a genius with paper, crafty lady.*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award! You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave the comment that you did on my blog, especially being a teacher.
    I don't know.....being the parent of a middle schooler, the whole topic just disturbs me to the core.
    How does a parent not see that? How are schools dealing with it? So many questions.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, chosen. You are an inspiration and I appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you didn't even have to threaten Sandra. Wow. Now that's bloggy buddies for you.

    Kidding (duh), but I'll trip you on your way down from the podium, seeing as you're wearing that long tailed plunging neck line dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo girl.....I do love your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you guys too. The blog is great and all, but you as people stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete