And Now It's October
- I have been teaching high school for one month
- I am still teaching out of the library because my portable is still being de-spored
- It is not normal to teach out of a library where students, teachers, librarians, and custodians tend to gather for chit chat and other distracting behavior
- I am starting to get used to the work load
- I have had four good days in a row
- My students are starting to get used to me
- I was sick last week and two out of my three classes indicated that they missed me
- One of my grade 12 boys said, "Thank God you're back" *insert warming of the heart*
- I was standing outside for bus duty last Thursday morning, when out from a car, an old student of mine from years ago, emerged - he had switched schools and is now attending mine - he walked over to me, enveloped me in a giant hug and said that he wanted to switch into my class - sweet.
- My tummy was good for a while, but yesterday and today, it gave me grief. Wish I knew what was going on. I took an antispasmodic called Bus*copan when I got home tonight...it seems to be helping.
- Adoption is hard.
- I miss what we don't have and what has been elusive for seven years.
- Our friends over at 3Ds sent us a package in the mail...we heart them.

- I learned how to make a watermark to protect our photos online. I heart ph0t0sh0p!
- My best friend sent me this picture of her daughter two days ago and it makes me smile.

I cannot believe it is October. As long as the year has been in some ways, in others it has flown.
ReplyDeleteThe watermark is quite the fancy-schmancy!
The candy - just yum :0)
You poor thing. I can't even imagine teaching in the library. I hope you get a new class soon.
ReplyDeleteThose treats look very yummy.
Cool watermark and sweet treats!!!
ReplyDeleteSandra
http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com
3D's are GREAT!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the watermark thingie. I REALLY MUST have a photoshop lesson from you. You are turning into quite the pro.
I hope your classroom is ready soon - certainly NOT the best circumstances to switch grades, schools and subjects. I am VERY glad to hear that things are getting better.
I love the water mark, what a great way to protect your pictures.
ReplyDeleteHope your tummy gets better soon, maybe the sweet treats will help,I love nerds. ;)
The watermark is cool! I'm going to have to look into that. I want to protect my pics too.
ReplyDeleteHey...glad to know things are better at school...they'll realize how awesome you are.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah...adoption is hard.
I can't believe it's October either. I've been dreading this month all year.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had 4 good days in a row. I will have to get a tutorial lesson from you on how to do those nifty things with pictures.
I am so happy to hear that. Your post made me smile. Truer words have never been spoken.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
Hey!!!
ReplyDeleteI hear sushi cures an upset stomach!!!
Hope all is well - I want to believe there is light at the end of the tunnel - well at least we're all in the tunnel together!!!
Take care
Uncle Zombie
I am SO glad that school is going better for you....I was worried! And your tummy....SURELY they can figure out what's bugging it? Do you think you might be allergic to yeast or something? Or worse- CANDY! Or KAYAKING? AAAAAHHHHH. DOn't think about it. :-)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that work is getting better for you - I was confident your students would realize how good they have it with you (and it's only been a month)...imagine how much they'll love ya by Christmas!?
ReplyDeleteMan, I hope you get your tummy issues worked out - that so sucks. I mean, how are you supposed to truly enjoy the goodies from 3D'S?
Yes, adoption is hard. Well, the waiting is...missing something you've never had is really tough stuff. I remember it well. I'm glad you have good friends who love you enough to know how to put a smile on your face. (sweet picture)...remember! I'm ALWAYS here...just wish we lived closer.
De-sporing? Zoinks. Hang in there my little Photoshop Maven. Kiss Kiss.
ReplyDeleteSo glad things are going better at school.....hope your tummy feels better too! ;) Yeah....I'll take the sweet tarts if you don't want them!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything is going great with you job although it must be tough without your proper classroom.
ReplyDeleteJust saw the post below...congrats for clearing the review room...yeah!!
I can certainly sympathize with you regarding being sick - yuck! Good luck in the library - hope you are out soon. I know this adoption wait stinks. Hang in there girl!
ReplyDeleteGlad it is going well.
ReplyDeleteLove the water mark. You are so talented with this bloggy stuff. Now who am I going to nab the CCAA updates from????
ReplyDeleteSo glad that school is settling down now you just have to work on settling your tummy.
The 3D's ar amazing and you are so lucky cos you have met them.
That elusive object won't remain elusive forever.
That is very neat! Love the watermark.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear things are going better at work...I'm sure in a couple more months things will be even that much better!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the goodies were a nice surprise!
My stomach has been a bit torn up too... I hope you are back to normal soon.
ReplyDeleteSee how special you are and how much you are impacting the lives of your students?
ReplyDeleteI love the 3d's too. Great people!
I can't even talk about the wait right now. Our agency dealt a pretty strong blow last week when we were informed that we can't view the SN list until we are out of the review room.
That's nice to get such good feedback from your students. God know they don't give it up easily! You must be a good teacher.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that things are going well for you at school...I just knew they would.
ReplyDeleteOf course the students would want to be in the cool teachers class.
I am sorry to hear that you are still stuck in the library......I could see the distractions being tough....Hopefully they will get you a room soon.
Yes, you are correct, adoption, though rewarding, has been a tough journey!!!!
Lastly, we too desperately miss what we dont have and what has been elusive for seven years.
I am so glad that you are enjoying your new job, but wish there were some better teaching circumstances for you, venue aka room makes such a difference. I am teaching at a prison tomorrow, wish me luck!!
ReplyDeleteCan you teach us how to watermark? I keep meaning to do your blog line tutorial, do you still have it?
I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend :)