Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween

Thank you for your words of support on my last post. Time marches on.

With Halloween approaching, I thought I would make a festive header to spruce up the place a bit. I really love Halloween, but this is the first year (in maybe 15) that I will not be dressing up. Working in a high school is different than working in an elementary school in that respect.

Over the years, I have created many costumes that have left people laughing. One year, I wore scrubs and strung chili peppers around my neck...I was "Dr. Pepper". Another time, I cooerced a few of my colleagues to dress all in black and wear white polka dots...we were dominoes. K2 and I dressed in pajamas, held pillows and thermometers, and boxes of kleenex ...we were "Sick and Tired". Last year, I made a small replica of the North Pole and affixed it to the top of my right shoulder...I was "The Cold Shoulder".

I'm a little bummed that I will not be dressing up tomorrow, but I will take solace in the fact that I will be opening the door to many fun costumes tomorrow night, I am sure. We will get around 200 visitors tomorrow evening and K2 and I have a policy concerning the older kids in our neighborhood who come to the door: if you come in costume, you get a treat. We don't care how old they are...as long as they carry the spirit of Halloween, we are happy to give them their piece of candy.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

This is especially for my friend Mark. Be careful tomorrow night...check for Zombies when the doorbell rings. Muh-Ha-Ha-ha!!!!

16 comments:

  1. First of all...I love the header (but I'm not sure if it's because of the spooktacularness of it, or the maple leaves). ;)

    Great costume ideas, I haven't dressed up in *years*. I think the last time I dressed up I went as Fred Flintstone. Don't ask...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween spirit and your sense of creativity... almost makes me want to dress up for Halloween. But no. Not gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking we will have about 15-20 kids...we bought enough candy for 100...is that bad???

    I don't dress up to hand out candy...this year we didn't even decorate the house...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did the dressing up Sat. Being a Halloween Scrooge this year.

    Like the spooky new look!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very creative! I love some of those costume ideas you came up with. It's been a while since we dressed up for Halloween. It's always fun to do though.

    It's always a surprise as to how many kids we'll get. Some years we get so many we've run out and other years hardly any. At least we bought the candy we like so if there are left overs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Halloweeny blog...

    Have a good day tomorrow - TWO HUNDRED trick-or-treaters!? Wow. (but I'm sure you of all people are equipped with enough candy!)

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Great costumes! I think Mark will be hanging out in the basement...safe from da zombies...he hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Mark "Zombie-phobic" or something? You are meeeeeean......he he he......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello

    You can rest assured I will NOT be closing my eyes or opening the door to ZOMBIES!!!

    Happy Halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm another holiday grinch this year - no decorations and no costume. I will be giving out the candy, though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Halloweenie to K squared :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. K1 you don't need a costume, you are the Cat's meow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha,....yeah I bet Michelle really has to look after Mark on nights like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope that you had a wonderful Halloween and those are the coolest costume ideas I have ever heard of.
    We didn't get very many trick or treaters at all. It was rainy and cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh...I am still experiencing a sugar hangover from "passing out candy" :)

    ReplyDelete