
Best Friend hurt herself real purty-like. She was hosting a party on Saturday night and was preparing food for her guests when she met her match in the form of a cucumber and sharp knife. Cuke and knife = 1 Best Friend = 0.
My poor sweet friend had to leave her guests and rush to the hospital with her hubby where stitches were needed to close the wound on her ring finger. The sad part? When she finally returned home, the party was over and everyone had gone home. It is wrong of me to take such pleasure in such gross things, but I truly do. I love the deep red site of it, the utter rigidity of the scab formation and the promise of a scar to memorialize the event.
Feel better soon, my friend!
If you are anything like me and love the site of this kind of thing, then click on the plus sign to see the "nekkid" pictures of Best Friend's finger. Honestly, it made K2's stomach do a little ugly flip, so only look if you know you can handle it.
I'm not kidding. Enter only if you are not easily offended.
+/-


Eek! Poor BF! I did something similar once (darn onion) and did not go for stitches. I probably should have.
ReplyDeleteHeal quickly!
Keep smilin!
Ouch!!! Hope BFF's finger feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteYouchy! Youchy! Youchy!!!
ReplyDeleteYour POOR BF! That makes my stomach turn. Ugh. I hope she heals quickly. I always hate cuts because they throb and throb. I hope your finger heals sooooon, BF!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so gross. Did they at least give her good drugs at the hospital? I hope BF heals quickly.
ReplyDeleteEww...eww...EWW!!! I hope T feels better soon, that's a nasty cut!
ReplyDeleteOUCH! I Hope BF is feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteI will not be able to look at the additional pictures. I cut my finger pretty bad before and I just wrapped it up and wouldn't look at it for about three days.
ReplyDeleteMy friends were threatening to take the bandage off for me. It worked out okay, but I do have a scar.
Ha!
ReplyDeleteI'm queasy but I just had to click on the plus sign.
DH drank too much beer during a football game and was plating/whittling with an exacto knife
off went the finger tip
I dropped to the floor
blood everywhere
he wrapped it, took care of me
watched the rest of his game and then went to the ER.
you'd have loved it!!!!!
Yeah, I will NOT be clickin' on the plus sign...you are just a little sick and wrong now, aren't ya?
ReplyDeleteHope your best friend feels better really soon and lets somebody else cut the cucumbers for awhile.
Ouch. Question is....who ate the cucumbers?
ReplyDeleteEwww! Gross! I need to remember to read your warnings carefully when scrolling bloglines because all pics show up without clicking. Looks SO painful!
ReplyDeleteHope BFF is feeling better soon. Not fun at all.
Now that's a pretty good cut! Hop the finger heals quick!
ReplyDeleteNICE! Now that it's cleaned up a bit I can see just how close I came to losing the tip! Yikes. Thanks for sharing my trauma with the blog world K1. If I can help just one knife-wielding, cuke-slicing person with my story then it was worth it. Now if I could just stop picking at these stitches... ;)
ReplyDeleteBummer for the party. I can sure relate to a bandaged up hand though ;0)
ReplyDeleteHope she's got that flesh wound all filled out again soon!
Poor lady, I am not grossed out. Hope you make another party so she feels better.
ReplyDeleteyou call that nasty? Peshaw. I GOT photos for you darling.
ReplyDeleteI can sew that kind of thing at the cottage with a staple gun and a dirty safety pin.
I hope she is all better soon!
ReplyDelete