Our family has been through a lot. A lot. Some things I have alluded to and others I have never mentioned. E*lie W*iesel once said that he refrained for speaking for a long time after the H*olocaust because to give words to the torture would be to trivialize his and others' experiences to some degree. Sometimes, words cannot go where the heart has been.
We each have stories to tell. Of this, I am sure.
As I sat in a hospital room with my dad today watching my mother's cardiac monitors and listening to heart rate alarms sound, I thought it interesting that we were all so resolved to the process. We really could have run the entire show, the three of us.
"The meds don't work on her, she'll need the Defibrillator."
"Will you be using the defibrillators here or in the cardiac unit?"
"How many shocks this time?"
It took five shocks today, a dose of cardezam, a twilight sedative, and two doses of morphine. All done in the space of six hours and all done in time to get home to watch B*B8. Those doctors would not have lived to see another day if my mom could not have been home in time to see the live eviction. Yep, we've got it down to a science.
Wow, I hope she is doing better.
ReplyDeleteSo weird that you mentioned this about Wiesel because last night I just finished rereading "Night".
Wow! So sorry to hear this. Didn't realize when I chatted with you that you'd had such a day. Praying for your Mom...and that she (and the rest of you) don't have to go through this often. Sounds from your post that you've walked that exact same road many times before. Not fun!
ReplyDeleteOn a different, lighter note! Was your mom (gently) doing the happy dance with last night's eviction? I sure was! Did you hear me 'Wahoo' from your place? :o)
So sorry and I hope your mother is doing better.
ReplyDeleteAs far as BB, why oh why couldn't Eric have gone? Can't stand him. I hate the way he talks, lies and uses his eyebrows.
My dear! I had no idea. I am so wrapped up in our Daisy that I am so sorry that this was going on for you and your family and I had no idea.
ReplyDeleteThx be that the priorities are in order though...heart rate normal - check! BB8 - check! Sitting back and gloating over eviction and ED failing - check!
I am here if you need. I hope you know that. I may have to call so that I can talk to you!! Egads!
Hugs to you, K2, Mom and Dad!!
Keep smilin!
I'm sorry to hear you are having to deal with all of this. I hope your mother will be well. And I'm glad you all got to see Big Bro.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your mom. I hope she will be feeling better soon. Strange how things like that become "normal" after a while, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteDear K2
ReplyDeleteThanks for being there yesterday. Even though I know the drill... Meds.... Defibrillator... etc... I always like to have a second opinion. Once again, yesterday you were bang on.
Yor mother did watch BB and then went to bed and is resting comfortably this morning.
Love
Dad
Sending lots of good wishes to you, K2, your mom and dad. I hope she's feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteyou guys are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! I am so sorry your family is going through this. I know how scary it is. You will all be in my thoughts. Give your mom a big hug from me (even though I don't know her).
ReplyDeleteWow!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your Mom is doing better, I can't believe she went through all that and went home to watch Big Brother, yikes, one incredibly strong, amazing woman!!!!
What a team you were at the hospital!!
My grandma has a very similar thing- she has been what we call "zapped" several times. It's scary. HOw did your mom like the eviction? What did YOU think?
ReplyDeleteHope things are going better! Give us an update.
ReplyDeleteThat is a decidedly unfair "science." I hope things get better soon. No one should have to be numbed to that sort of thing. So sorry!
ReplyDeleteYour parents just sound like the most amazing people...I just read your dad's comment. wow. You are really there for each other and I just love that. Glad you all got the results you wanted (on BB -- I don't watch. sorry.) and VERY glad to hear your mom is doin' alright.
ReplyDeleteSorry your family is going through so much, but glad to read your mom is better now.
ReplyDeleteHoping you and your family can get a peaceful and brighter weekend.
Wow, I hope your Mom is feeling better! Sorry that she and you all had to go through that.
ReplyDeleteHope things are better in the light of day. Health scares with our loved ones are always stressful and so so hard.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope Mom is better.
ReplyDeleteOh Kathy,
ReplyDeleteI hope your mom feels better.
Yes, everybody has a story. Sorry to hear you have to go through this fright(and sensing it has happen more than a couple times).
Thinking of you,
Jill
Oh honey, this tearing me up. I'm sorry and I hope everything is ok with your mother. I will pray for you and keep an eye of the blog. We're kind of kindred spirits right now.
ReplyDeleteSometimes, words cannot go where the heart has been.
ReplyDeleteLove that.
I hope your Momma is better. That really sounds stressful, but sadly also like it's not an unusual event for you.
sending my K's mom a big hug.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry... I hope this is the last time it is needed
xxxxx
Wow. Sounds very tough - and you want to help me out? Your parents sound very cool.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is WOW....I hope today is better and that your Mother is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteK I am so sorry to read that your mother isn't well. I hope today is much better.
ReplyDeleteKeeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Stacy
Hang in there, this sounds like a rough one.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping the day has dawned brighter for all.
ReplyDeleteOMG - Is everything o.k.?
ReplyDeleteI have so many questions...
Oh K, I hope your mom is OK! She sure sounds like she has good tast if she's a BB fan - me = obsession!
ReplyDelete:)
Must email you my visit dates, would love to meet up!