Saturday, August 4, 2007

Be Afraid, Wasps!

If the can of Raid doesn't kill the wasps, they will at least die of laughter.

K2 went out tonight to kill the wasps. It goes against my very nature to kill any living creature, but it was clear that I had no say in the matter. Night, night, little wasps.

25 comments:

  1. SO funny! Okay...I was out mowing my back yard this morning and suddenly there was this huge wasp around me...I tried to keep it at bay with the weed-eater...and it flew away.

    I was so hot, sweaty, and tired...but just stood there smiling thinking of K1 and K2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sent one down to Texas just for your amusement, David. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny bu you gotta do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like a Ninja! Hilarious! Are those SNOW PANTS?

    You would not believe what I did the other day! We had a dragonfly trapped in the netting of our trampoline. I couldn't get it through no matter what. I had no choice but to cut the netting to let it go. My parents thought I was NUTS, but it felt SO good to watch it fly away to freedom! So I know just what you mean about killing things. I even put spiders on paper and put them outside. I draw the line at mice in my house, though. They HAVE to go, dead or alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually just laughed out loud when I clicked over here and saw that. My house is quiet right now so Griffey looked up at me from his slumber like "WTF is so funny you crazy lady?!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same thing happened here last summer. Night before (or maybe the earrrly morning) a big ol' party. Poor ol' jzboy sprayed the nests. He was so sad after.

    Oh well, this summer, they are back and crazier than evah....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! Just when we convince our friends to the south that we don't all live in igloos K2 shows up with this getup on one of the hottest days of the summer!

    Hope your mission was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you said it was hot where you live?

    P.S. I'm a wannabe Buddhist, until we're talking wasps and spiders. Then, my friends, all bets are off. Guess what I'll be reincarnated into in my next life?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little buggers are getting bad around here right now too...we were at a BBQ last nite and they chased us all inside.

    Hope K2 took care of business -- looks like he was dressed to do just that! (you guys crack me up)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA!! Holy shit I'm laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of when we went to see my sister in Kingston. They boys (Shawn, my BIL, my own bro) were outside playing with a Frisbee and they hit a post that had a bee's nest in it. My BIL got one of the Raid as well and came in looking for some outer protection. He went out wearing a green army poncho style raincoat and rubber pants. I was dying of laughter, it was the funniest sight, much like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sweetie, I am laughing so hard I almost fell off the bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny!

    I loved the other post describing you guys screaming like little girls back to the house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You two must keep the neighbors in stitches!!

    Thanks for the good laugh!!! Were you dying in the wasp repellent clothes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wasps are really bad here this year too - I'd ask you to send K2 down here to help us out but I'm afraid the neighbours would be terrified! :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking good! I hope the didn't stand a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I say put this one on the holiday card next year! Too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bwahahaha!! The laughter would def. distract the wasps so you can spray them. Hope the bites are better!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sexy outfit!!!
    I'm armed when I go outside now too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. our wasps were too lazy to finish building their nest. I strongly support lazy wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  21. he kinda looks like a hot stalker/snowboarder.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that's some combat gear now! Hope you won!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope K2 made it back inside without dying of heat exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm with K2...time for a little waspy bloodlust! That gear does look roasting hot, however! (and my neighbors thought I was freaky ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. He can rob your neighbours house while he's at it.

    ReplyDelete