Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Rock

We booked our evening tour of Alcatraz last night. Some say that the evening tour is the most eerie one of all and we are excited by this prospect. In reading about the different kinds of tours available, we picked the evening one because of its award winning history. Exciting!
Okay, a big, grey furball has just jumped onto my lap and has nestled itself on my arm so that typing is nearly impossible. I have to unload it, finish painting the master bath and then get ready for dinner out with some great friends.
Have a GREAT Saturday, my friends!

20 comments:

  1. Alcatraz was a very haunting experience for me. I got so much out of that visit. You cannot leave there without really thinking about your life and how you have ended up where you are.

    Oh, SF, how I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between this post and Connie's comment, I'm thinking my next trip should be to SF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alcatraz! How fun...and creepy at night, too. That is going to be fun...can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please contact me before you go. I am from there and have some great places you will want to visit. Seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds so cool! I need to visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great vacation destination...looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to go to SF. WHen we fflew t o China we had a layover there for 2 hours but that wasn't quite what I had in mind. Have a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good one. Might be a little too creepy for me.

    I keep forgetting you guys are here now. I have added you to my bloglines so I can keep up. I don't want to loose you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Looking forward to what other adventures you plan.

    Hope your dinner went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great that you have booked that...just remember to watch out for 'jumpy outie things'...It Depends on the darkness of the night - but I am sure it will be eerie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun on "THE ROCK". Make sure you speak like Sean Connery and do mysterious things.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds exciting!!! I visited Alcatraz and thought it was creepy, and that was during the day!!!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a lot of fun! I love going on vacations.

    Hope you had a great time at dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alcatraz, at night, my hairs on the back of my neck are standing up!!
    This sounds so exciting, can't wait to hear about those stories!!
    Hope they don't make you swim back to shore??

    ReplyDelete
  15. That will be a memorable trip. Take lots of pictures! Share the scary history with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to let you know that I have added you to my "roll". I enjoy reading your stuff...hope you don't mind. I usually ask, however you have a noreply.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have lurked a bit and now I am coming clean. Your blog is quite nice and it seems you're from Canada? :)
    I remember experiencing Alcatraz as a high school student. I was very intrigued and wanted to know Oh so much more. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gonna be a creepy great time!

    Can you buy a piece of The Rock (like a rock)? That would be a great conversation piece.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete