
For 140, you certainly look grand!
K2 and I hosted a BBQ yesterday for some of our Adoption Buddies and it was so much fun to have everyone together under the same roof for one day! Rhonda and Josh, Catherine, Dolores and Shawn, Jill, Jaap and Adriana, Laurie, Jamie and Sophie and Doris traveled from as far as Montreal from the East, Mississauga to the West, and Simcoe County to the North in order to help us celebrate Canada Day, the end of the school year and to usher in the official start of summer. It was awesome!
...A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe. Pierre Burton, historian...
Catherine mistakingly thought that dinner at our house meant that she would have to eat cereal and came prepared with a bowl, a spoon and milk "just in case". She's one funny girl!
We spent the afternoon under our sunshade in the backyard drinking fun drinks out of our "Kayak Koolers" and eating fun foods. The wind became chilly and after dinner, we moved it indoors to feast on dessert.
Rhonda and Josh brought a "K1 and K2" specially made cake for the festivities and everyone was amazed and awestruck by it. We have never seen such a thing and it was a task in itself not to drool all over it before digging in.
We were overloaded with sugar (and, really...what could be better?) as we dined on delicious cake, scrumptious Oreo Ice Cream Cake, and Candy Shish Kabobs. It was heavenly! Adriana and Sophie are the cutest and had a fun time playing in the Kayaks, watching Dora on the blow up bed in their PJs and in playing hide and go seek with Auntie K1. Fun girls!
We had a great time with everyone and hope to see one another very soon. Thanks so much for coming over and for spending a little of your long weekend with us! A big thanks to Doris and Daisy for traveling all the way from Montreal to attend our party! Our kitty and Daisy got more comfortable with one another on the second day of Doris' stay, but we were a little wary for the first few hours. Luckily, they are both laid back and easy going.
Hope everyone has a fantastic end to this lovely long weekend! Check out our password protected blog for pictures from the day.
Loved the pics! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect day it was! It was the very best way to celebrate the b'day of our amazing country! Thanks for hosting K1 and K2! A great time was had by all!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun. Will I see you this weekend?
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you had a GREAT BBQ! We were so sorry to have missed it!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your summer vacation!!
What a blast it was! Thank you so much for the invite. When's the next one?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank's for stopping by my blog. Now I'm off to check out yours :)
ReplyDeleteIt was a grand time! Totally worth the drive and I only wish that Dan had been there and it was for a longer visit. You two are wonderful hosts and made me feel so at home. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
You guys sure know how to have a good time up North.
ReplyDeleteSo many of my favorite people all in the same place! Wish I could have been there. Sounds like it was wonderful.
ReplyDeleteMy invite must have been lost in the mail, it's ok, next year, I'll thumb it over and get me a sugar fix too.
ReplyDeletejust kidding.
I saw some of the pics and it looks like you all had a great time!
I didn't get one either.
ReplyDeleteOh, the fun you guys have. I can count on a good time had by my Canadian pals.
ReplyDeleteEven blogs have cliques. I'm never cool enough to bring my Dora cereal bowl.
ReplyDeleteCanoe love? That's rocking!
Ok...so I see you have been re born into a different blog!
ReplyDeleteRemember if you do another BBQ count us in...!
Have missed you guys and glad to see you back.
{hugs} Elisa.