Friday, July 20, 2007

4.2

Just a very quick update to let you know that K2 and I are safe and sound in Earthquake Zone San Francisco. I was shaken awake this morning at 4:45 or so (literally) by a 4.2 Earthquake. We are Canadian...earthquakes are no part of our survival education, so it is not a welcomed event! IN any case, it was not that bad...just mild shaking.
We spent the day in the Napa Valley touring and tasting TOO many wines! We were tipsy by 11:00 a.m.! Lovely!
Now, we are heading out for some dinner to go with our new wine!

25 comments:

  1. Perhaps if you taste a few more wines, you won't feel the next quake! :) Sounds like you're having a good time!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek...not good.

    Other than the quake, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Have a glass of wine for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, four point two is nothing! I was in the shower when the Northridge Quake occurred. Yikes! That was something! ;-)

    Isn't Napa wonderful? Which wineries did you hit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're having a good (tipsy!) time...and freaky! I've never been in an earthquake, either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about the quake from the comments in your previous post that someone left!

    I should really listen to the news more!!

    Glad you are having fun! You will be able to recommend some California wines when you get back!

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you two are really getting the full San Francisco experience :-)

    Glad to hear you are having a fun time. Enjoy!

    Sandra
    http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. An earthquake would freak me out too. Glad to hear everything is ok. I agree with Karen, keep drinking wine, maybe it won't be so bad next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a rocking good time I see! You rock baby!
    Rock the kasbah!

    I could go on! Glad that you are okay. Napa sounds wonderful!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you got all shook up!

    But, the wine tasting sounds GOOD. I did some of that myself yesterday...Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty sure that the earthquake would pretty much freak me out, but I'm glad you all are hanging in there and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Earthquakes scare me to death! I'm glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow. I think that would have freaked me out a bit.

    Enjoy the wines and the vinyards! Sounds like a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Earthquakes, yikes.
    Is it drop, cover and scream, followed by I'm so scared I could crap my drawers. Glad it was a mild one!!
    The wine tasting in the Nappa Valley sounds divine, tipsy around 11 am, very fine indeed.
    Sounds like a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...I've just gotten caught up on your blog (I've been away for awhile) and I am so glad you're having such a great time in S.F.!!(well besides the earthquake of course. :)

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would not have known what to do either!
    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have some more wine, you won't notice the quakes so much

    ReplyDelete
  17. When K2 holds you, the Earth always moves doesn't it? That's what you told me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a wonderful time....minus the quakes....have some wine for me too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Being woken up by a quake sure would be a little freaky! Glad you are both OK.
    I think I'd be loading up on the wine before I hit the sack so I'd snore right through the next quake!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my earthquakes!!! Too scary! I will keep my hurricanes.

    Yoli

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not fun...or was it? :o) Must admit I think it would be fun to feel a small earthquake just to see what it's like. I know. I'm weird!

    Hope all is well and that you're having a great vacation!! Not sure when you're home but you'll probably be there when you read this so...WELCOME HOME!!! Hope you had a great trip! Looking forward to seeing lots of pics and hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Being a native So Cal girl, I am pretty used to the "earthshakes" as my niece calls them. Yes, just stay pickled on wine and you will feel nothing, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely, drink more wine. You won't even notice the "shake"... lol..

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you are having a nice time. California is one of my favourite places!

    ReplyDelete