Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Yesterday was the hottest day on record for the year.  Considering the newness of the twins' skin, I decided to keep them indoors for the afternoon instead of subjecting them to heat stroke and the like.  I'm a good mom like that. Heh.
Sadly (for me) neither child naps consistently any longer.  If we get one nap a week out of Chick, we count ourselves lucky.  Pea could nap every single day if I were to lie with him and coax him to sleep, but I refuse to do so.
What to do?  Well, as my glorious cup of afternoon tea turned ice-cold, we constructed a castle out of a cardboard box, painted it and then decorated it once the paint was dry.  What a great work of collaborative play!

Photobucket

Painting is serious business!
Photobucket
Personalization is important to two-year olds.
Photobucket
Not one to miss an opportunity for some learnin', I put up a number line.
We also decided to make our castle Canadian.
Photobucket
Furnishings are important, too.
Photobucket
Time to play while Mommy warms up her tea in the microwave...AGAIN.

2 comments: