Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another Trip To The Lake House

Last December, we spent a few days enjoying some time at my brother's Lake House and we throughly enjoyed every second.  So, when he invited us to come and spend the day this weekend, we jumped at the chance.
A couple of things set us back a bit, unfortunately.  Pea's nasty middle ear infection and fever were factors in delaying us as we were sidelined with clinic visit, prescription pick-up and a wait to see how well he could become before leaving.  Secondly, when we finally had the car packed up and were less than five minutes into the trip up North, I was sidelined by a sudden onset of cramps and nausea.  I begged J. to turn the car around and speed home as I didn't want to be sick in the car.  We made it home in just enough time.  I spent the next hour lying on the cool floor of our bathroom trying to keep my stomach contents from spilling.  Dizzy, sweaty, and weak, I felt AWFUL that the kids, who were so excited about finally getting to see Uncle J. and Auntie L., perhaps wouldn't because of me.
After the hour was up, I told J. that we were going to push forward with the trip.  I couldn't disappoint the kids no matter how awful I felt.
Two hours later, we arrived to a warm welcome by my brother and his family.  We played in the pool, took several rides on the seadoo, watched as my nephews and niece (and friends) went tubing in the lake, played games in the yard, and enjoyed the company of family.  Despite all the setbacks, it turned into a lovely day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Sorry it started off so rough but glad your day ended so well!! What a fun, fun time shared with family!

    Love to see the kids on the Seadoo. What fun! It may be the angle but it seemed like little Chick's legs were so much longer than Pea's. It's neat to see the similarities and differences in your twins!

    Hope you have another opportunity to visit the lake house soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad everything turned out well at the end of the day. Looks like a great place to spend some time outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad everything turned out okay and you were able to have a fun family getaway.

      By the way I know exactly where this is because Jeff and I were thisclose to buying one! We looked at both the new ones and one of the older ones up for resale. We went up and spent a weekend there and were quite seriously considering it. We loved them (they are soooo nice inside) and loved the location but in the end it just seemed like too much money for us for the time. But seeing your pictures makes me think maybe we should reconsider, it really is such a nice place.

      Delete