Chick and Pea will be 28 months old on December 16th and I have been anticipating their two year molars since long before their second birthday. Pea began teething at around 5 months of age, so I suspected he would get his two year molars early, but that was not the case. I kept waiting and waiting and wondering what to expect when those difficult teeth finally made their appearance.
Last week was challenging, to put it mildly. Pea, my typically calm and collected boy, was difficult to please, was whiny, territorial and aggressive. Very unlike himself. Presuming teething issues, I gave him ibuprofen periodically, but it didn't seem to help that much.
Sure enough, tonight as I was brushing his teeth before bedtime, I rooted around inside his mouth and felt the bud of a new molar. On this right side, his gums were very swollen. Poor sweetheart.
Earlier today, as J. and Chick were at gymnastics, Pea and I played in Toys R Us. He found a little plush horsey and walked the store with it the entire time we were there. Since I rarely buy anything new for the kids, I decided to use some gift cards we had to purchase this little horsey for Pea and a little lamb for Chick (she LOVES singing Mary Had a Little Lamb). It has barely left his side today and, as he drifted off to sleep tonight, he held it close to him still. If only all of his future life's struggles could be appeased with a plush toy.

Poor lamby! 2 yo molars are awful!! Here's hoping they all pop through soon so that he can leave the teething nastiness behind him for a while!
ReplyDeleteSweet pic of your little guy with his new pony!
Poor Pea. I hope that the teeth all come out quickly and he is out of pain.
ReplyDeleteThat is such an adorable picture of him.
Just stopped by to see how things are going with your family. Chick and Pea are really growing.
ReplyDelete