Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Bit Of A Vent

Photobucket
  • For the love of everything good, TAKE YOUR LANE.  I am beyond sick and tired of people holding up traffic waiting for the second lane of a roadway to become clear before they turn onto it.  Take the FIRST lane, then MERGE.  I promise that people will let you in.  
  • Parents, if you cannot part with your precious smart phones long enough to actually ENGAGE your children while at the park, you're sending a message to your children that they are LESS important than your phone.  PUT THE PHONES DOWN.
  • Parents, if you refuse to parent your children in public and when my children are involved, I will parent them for you.  And, it won't be pretty.  I have NO patience for parents who are scared of their children and afraid of making a scene.  I will make a scene and it will be scarier than your kid could ever be.
  • When in a queue at any store, don't wait for the cashier to tell you the total before you decide to start digging around in that piece of luggage you call a purse for the money.   You've just had plenty of time to be ready with your cards/cash while she or he was ringing the items through.  
  • Those enigmatic Facebook status updates such as, "I can't believe it!" are not endearing.  It's called, "Attention Seeking" and no one likes it.
  • No one is impressed with your huge, noisy motorcycle.  Especially when you rev it louder in community neighbourhoods and drive by our houses during nap time.   That kind of stellar masculinity is hard to come by. P.S. Your appropriate age called - he wants his maturity back.
  •  Cats are not meant to WANDER the streets of a city.  There is no such thing as an "outdoor cat".  It's called a "BY LAW" keep it leashed or keep it INSIDE.
  •  I am begging you...BEGGING YOU.  Take OFF your baseball hats in restaurants!!!  
  • If you decide to grow your fingernails disgustingly and nauseatingly long, please refrain from showing them to me or using them to make little noises on the table or any other hard surface. And for the love of Pete, DON'T flick them with your other nails. *shudder*
  • When you are driving on a road that has two lanes running in the same direction, the left lane is still considered the FAST/PASSING lane.  It is NOT meant for cruising 30kms below the speed limit.  MOVE OVER.
  • It's not "All THE sudden" it's "All of A sudden".  COME ON!
        There.  I said it.

        12 comments:

        1. I am a lurker, but just had to come out and say that I love this post! It made my day, and thank you for putting a smile on my face!!!!

          ReplyDelete
        2. Don't even get me started on stupid drivers. In my next life I am going to come back as a driver tester and mostly everyone is going to fail!

          Phones should be at the park for an emergency only!

          You are right about parents being scared of their kids. I never thought of it that way.

          This drives me INSANE - they are not going to give you the stuff for free - you know you are going to have to pay for it. It is almost like people are surprised when the cashier gives them a total and expects money.

          Yes you are right about Facebook status' like that. I might have done that once before...

          I am not a fan of motorcycles - quiet or loud.

          I am not a fan of cats pooping in my garden when they are wandering around.

          Agreed about the hat thing.

          I wonder how people can do 'things' with super long nails. Kinda icky!

          Refer to answer one about the driving thing!

          All the sudden - can't say I have heard someone use that one.

          I hope you cleared your chest!

          ReplyDelete
        3. I get so annoyed at the phones on the playground (esp. since my husband is one of the offenders), but my friend pointed out to me that there are good reasons, like texting your partner to tell him/her where you are, or getting info on the next destination after the park. In my husband's case, he's somewhat on call for work all the time, and he does a lot of checking in to see if he's ok to be out or if he needs to rush back and deal with something. We have been to exactly one movie in the theatre in 2011 and when it was done, he had literally over a hundred messages. So, for him, it's either be on the phone or not come out at all. But it still bothers me.

          Even if I wanted to, my twins have no tolerance for my use of a smart phone and try to grab it (and put it in their mouths!).

          ReplyDelete
        4. I always wonder just how much bacteria is lurking underneath those dragon nails. Yick.

          I don't think that people know what MERGE means. I think they should be sent back to driving school.

          I like your kick in the pants post. :-)

          ReplyDelete
        5. You said it all better than I could have.

          ReplyDelete
        6. You hit it the nail on the head again! I have those same pet peeves (and more cause people are stupid!)

          Keep smilin!

          ReplyDelete
        7. My former roommate says "opposed to" instead of "as opposed to". It makes me CRAZY.

          ReplyDelete