Every night, I read a book to Pea before bed called, "On The Night You Were Born" and it is our special book. The author writes that the Polar Bears danced all night on the day of Pea's birth (or any baby being read to) and this is why we sometimes see them asleep at the zoo. When we approached the Polar Bears, I was hoping some of them would be napping and sure enough, one was. I pointed this out to Pea and, although I'm not convinced he made the connection, he did want to spend more time looking at them than any other animal at the zoo.
When it was time to leave (it was getting close to Pea's nap time) we packed up and headed out to the car. Only, I couldn't find it. I walked the parking lot of this massive zoo for 45 minutes with Pea in my arms trying desperately to find the car. I had brought the manual lock keys with me so I wasn't able to click it to hear the horn beep. After 45 minutes with a very sleepy, but still happy boy in my tired arms, I decided to head back to the zoo to ask for help. Asking for help is not my strong point, so the fact that I even entertained the notion of conceding defeat in my search should say something about how desperate I was. "Debbie" from the zoo decided to walk with me in order to find the car. When neither of us could find it, she called security (oh, the humiliation). The security guy drove up to us looking none too impressed and told me to hop in and he would help me find it. Turns out, I was WAY off in my memory of where I had parked. Sigh. At least we found it and the security guy could go back to important matters of the day.
"Go to the zoo" - Check.

Is it wrong to laugh on the inside??
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good zoo day!
Is it wrong to laugh on the outside???
ReplyDeleteThose letters and/or numbers are there for a reason my friend.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it is wrong to laugh at all. I think we've all done this sort of thing at least once in our life. Hopefully for you, lesson learned.
ReplyDeleteIt is a hoot but I had far worse thoughts when I saw the title of this post!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
I'm laughing with you. You are laughing right???
ReplyDeleteNow, about that road trip...