Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bullet-y Goodness

  • Thank you for all of your comments and emails on the last post.  It took a lot for me to hit publish on that one.
  • We are getting very lazy when it comes to bringing the camera on our excursions.  Every time we leave the house I think about bringing the camera, but between the sunscreen, the hats, the snacks, the sippy cups, the sand toys and the kids, I run out of hands quickly.
  • We are loving the CSA and are enjoying vegetables we've never eaten before.  Who knew that Bok Choy was so delicious?  When I eventually get brave enough to plant my own garden, this summer's adventure into Community Sustained Agriculture will allow me to plant those items we've loved the most.
  • Our persistence and determination to teach Chick and Pea "Please, Thank You and Your Welcome" is paying off in spades.  Yesterday, I gave each of them a brand new sippy cup and as I did, Pea said, "Tank You, Mama" completely unsolicited.  Of course, then Chick said it, but I know it was only because Pea said it first. 
  •  My babies are going to be TWO in just over a month.  Wow.
  • Potty training is in our near future.  Not NEAR, near.  But near enough.  Does anyone have any advice for potty training multiples? 
  •  My very generous Aunt and Uncle have offered us their cottage for a vacation this summer.  We are very, very excited!  Though we are weeks away from heading there, I've already started making lists.  Lists make me happy.  
  • We would like to buy portable DVD players for the babies for the trip as it is a 5 hour drive.  We will be buying two (one for each of them) but have no idea what we should be looking for.  Any recommendations?
  • I cut my hair a couple of weeks ago - short.  Shorter than I had anticipated.  Those of you who have been following along for a while know that I don't place a great deal of importance on the length of my hair.  It grows super fast, anyway. I am really loving the new shorter style.  
  • The twins are repeating back to us the phrases we say most often.  It's quite hilarious to hear what we say without thinking.  Chick likes to say "Oh, Dear!" (my most oft said phrase) and Pea likes to say "Watch Out!" which is J.'s most oft said phrase. Their mimicking reminds us to watch our words carefully.
  • I love discovering tiny, brand new birthmarks on Chick and Pea.  Pea has two - one in the exact same place I have one (on our wrists) and the other is on his lower back.  Chick has one on her thigh and it's the cutest little birthmark ever.
  • Lastly, I will end the post with two pictures that I think are pretty darn sweet.  The first one shows Chick sitting in her chair holding a bunch of balloons that J. brought home from work.  She sat in that chair holding those balloons while she watched an entire episode of Waybuloo.  The second is a picture of Pea asleep in my arms.  He had woken up from a nap and by the time I brought him downstairs, he had fallen asleep again.
Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Sweet, swet babies! How can they almost be 2 already?

    No potty training experience but looking into the Three Day Potty Training method for the future.

    Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday Rowan said "Oh my goodness!" right at the exact moment that I was about to say it. It made me laugh out loud. Such funny little beings toddlers are.

    I'm planning on potty training this summer. I have no advice for training twins but I'm thinking that with boy/girl twins it might help to focus on Chick (girls train more easily generally speaking) and Pea may just follow suit. If he doesn't, at least you'll have one trained and then you can focus on training Pea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the scraped knee on Pea; a sure sign of summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the monkey see, monkey do circumstances may help. No idea but we too are slowly trying.

    You can buy DVD players that are one player with 2 screens. They would each have their own. We bot ours at Walmart. Remember, you may need to attach them or prop them up depending on the vehicule. Ours get wedged in between the front seats on the console. Ours was dead cheap and it is a handy backup. We hardly use it but I like having it. We will see how it goes on our next road trip.

    You do have awesome hair!

    2?!?! Sigh..times flies!

    They are so sweet.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the potty training!

    Enjoy your time at the cottage! I think you'll have a great time.

    Try Costco for a portable DVD player they have them sometimes for a reasonable price.

    I too just cut my hair. No matter how short I cut it, it always grows back so I'm not too concerned.

    Yes, one must be careful with the words they use when little parrots are around. I learned that the hard way with my nephew.

    Sweet pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very sweet! Our turned two on May 29, and I'd love to hear any multiple potty training advice as well. Our daughter is 10 years old and I barely remember potty training other than M&Ms were involved. What can I say, my kids love chocolate and it motivates them!

    And I love the manners too! Our boys are all about the pleases and thank yous!!!

    ReplyDelete