We hit up a couple of toy stores where Chick could walk around and experiment with different items. Then, we went to a teachers' store where I could look for some felt board sets for the felt boards I made earlier in the week. The teachers' store was as much fun for Chick as the other toy stores and we ended up staying longer than anticipated.
While walking to the teachers' store (pushing Chick in a SINGLE stroller) we stopped at an intersection (perhaps one of the busiest in the city) when who happened to drive by?? Catherine and Hannah! Catherine rolled down her window to quickly tell me where they were heading and I told her I would head there right after the teachers' store. Only, we spent too much time in the teachers' store and, given that Chick had not had dinner yet, I decided to forgo meeting Catherine and Hannah and head to a place for dinner. I called Catherine from the restaurant and asked her to join us. Soon, the four of us were sharing ice cream, other sugary foods and having fun (we paid dearly for the sugar overload at bed time as Chick is not used to having those kinds of foods).
Chick enjoying a powdered sugar timbit.
I enjoyed spending some one on one time with my little Chick and am always amazed at how different it is being out with one child instead of two. Yes, it's easier. Much, much easier. We need to do this more often!

what a wonderful impromptu meeting!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great girls night out. How amazing you ran into Catherine and Hannah too!
ReplyDeleteWhen you have just one child with you does that child spend all their time asking for the other one?
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to spend some alone time with Pea and then have time with friends .
Dawn,
ReplyDeleteI thought she would since she does this at home when Pea is napping, but she was quite content to play on her own without her big brother bullying her. :)
What fun for you to have a Mommy and Daughter night! Shopping, giggling and eating sugary foods! It was such a treat to bump into you and then share wonderful times of eating all things yummy together!
ReplyDeleteSound like a perfect evening together. I need to do more of that myself.
ReplyDelete