Sunday, May 22, 2011

Teeth

I'm not a fan of teeth at the moment. Sure, they are lovely and filled with the pearly goodness of calcium, but they are buggers too.

Pea has a full mouth of teeth. He's got 'em all except for his two-year molars and has had a mouth full of teeth for a long while. In the very beginning, he was a little fussy when teething, but I don't recall there being a lot of pain.

Chick on the other hand...

As of a few days ago, she had only 9 teeth. I know this because I routinely swipe her gums for any signs of developing buds and there was nothing there on Friday. This morning, she woke up crying (she always wakes up happy and chatty) and had a fever of 102.5F. She was fussy yesterday and I suspected that she was teething, but today was more telltale. Sure enough, a swipe of my finger along her gums revealed her two upper molars had broken through (barely). What a day.

Chick is a fairly...uh...emotional girl to begin with, but that coupled with the pain of molars breaking through her toughened gums made the day difficult for her and for her family. Poor Pea didn't know what to do with her today and no matter how many times he hugged and kissed her, she pushed him away and rejected his efforts. Then, he became sad. It was an all around sad kind of day.

At 5:00pm, J. gave me the two hour count down to bed time.  This is a rare thing in our household.  Many days, we don't get the kids to bed on time because we are happily cuddling on the couch and don't want the day to end.  Today, however, we were happy to see our little Chick in her crib sound asleep.  When she sleeps, she is not in pain.

Stupid teeth.

Let's hope that she is over the worst of it.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Stupid teeth.

    Poor thing I hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor, poor sweet Chick. Teeth sure are nasty when they're coming in. Praying tomorrow is much better for you and more importantly that it's much better for little Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby! Tahlia is getting her 6 year molars right now and is in pain (again!). Stupid teeth is right!
    On a different note, I love Chick's curls! What a gorgeous girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing! I hope her teeth come in soon and the suffering stops.


    My nephew's teeth took a long time to come in as well. It was tough on him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It isn't right that teeth should hurt so much but I'm sure by now they have come through and she is a happy camper again.

    ReplyDelete