- Pea continues to do well in the healing process following his surgery. His eye is still a little red and purple, but it is healing nicely and the stitches should dissolve any day now.
![]() |
| He was eating a grape in this picture. |
- Chick's nose began to run this morning. Chick doesn't do "sick" well. Thankfully, she was in great spirits all day today.
- J. has had some kind of sickness since last weekend. He has no energy and feels nauseous. I knew it was bad when he didn't use his snow thrower in the snowstorm yesterday. He lives to use his snow thrower.
- We have such great neighbours. We don't really know any of them well, since we tend to keep to ourselves quite a bit, but everyone around us is very respectful of one another. Our next door neighbour cleared our entire driveway for us last night. I made him brownies today to thank him. My introverted self wanted to leave them on his doorstep and run away, but I put on my big girl panties and rang the doorbell. It was a big step for me.
- I have lost 42 of the 50 pounds I gained while pregnant with the twins. Only 8 more to go. I'm sure if I exercised, it would come off quickly, but I don't want to.
- I don't like mayonnaise. I like Miracle Whip. I know this is very controversial.
- I made an amazing chicken salad with meatless chicken breasts tonight. They keys to its success: fresh cilantro, scallions and lime. I spread it on tortillas, rolled them up and cut them into pinwheels for the twins. While they liked the salad, they disliked the texture of the tortillas. Live and learn.
- In the past few months, our plasma broke, our microwave kicked the bucket, our hot water tank almost keeled over, our kitchen faucet needed replacing and now our vacuum has stopped working. Really? While I would love to get the Dyson Animal, it's not in our budget. Any recommendations for a budget-friendly, but efficient vacuum?


My bullets:
ReplyDeletePea looks great!
I think you should keep the last 8 lbs - you know, kinda like a special keepsake from the pregnancy??
I am not kidding you - over the last few months the following of ours broke: microwave, kitchen faucet, dishwasher and vacuum cleaner. Hmmmm . . . what's going on??
Oh we went with a Kenmore vacuum . . . my last one was a Kenmore and I really liked it so why mess with a good thing. (oh and I sweet talked the guy at Sears and got a good deal - really!)
k
I echo the carmody's my Kenmore and I are very good friends, have been these last 7 years. Plus, if either of you is a negotiator (I am not, hubs totally is) Sears is often are flexible in their pricing.
ReplyDeletePea looks like he's doing great!
ReplyDeleteI hope Chick and J start to feel better.
We have a Bissell and with all the dog fur flying around now it works amazingly.
Good for you on the weight loss! You are my hero.
Pea looks great! Love Chick's curly piggies!
ReplyDeleteYou're sweet to bake thank you brownies. So thoughtful!
You're rockin the weight loss! Way to go!!!
Hope all are feeling better soon.
P looks great! even with a grape in his mouth! C looks fabulous, I love the hair and the smile!! We have all had what J has, it is not nice, but it will pass, just slowly. YOU, congratulations, you are an inspiration to all of us with the weight loss, I wish I wish I wish. Can I bother the panties? haha. Well done, keep peaceful and happy.
ReplyDeleteYay Pea. Keep up the great healing work.
ReplyDeleteChick - are you KIDDING me with those piggie tails??? Stop being SO adorable!!!!
Sounds like J has what we both had although it's taking him longer to get over it.
Nice neighbours rock. Good for you for being social.
The weight loss thing is great. I have 5 pounds to go myself although even though the scale says 5 pounds my clothes say something else…
I never liked mayo.
Fresh cilantro is the key to many a successful recipe. LOVE IT!
I can only recommend canister over upright in terms of vacuums. WAY more efficient. You may already know this.
i'm eating a sandwich with miracle whip as i type this. clearly, there is no contest.
ReplyDeletegood luck with the vacuum search. i despise house cleaning.
My Monday bullets~
ReplyDelete:When I was 7yo living in Montreal, I got food poisoning at Ruby Foo's and could not tolerate Miracle Whip after that, then along came H*llman's olive oil mayo which I wub. Now my egg sandwiches don't fall all over my clothing.
:I have a Dyson Animal because I have... erm... shaggy animals. It is only useful for wall-to-wall broadloom as it sucks up scatter rugs right into the beater bar, and is no advantage on hardwood.
:My Panasonic micro fries its own inverter board regularly every 2yrs. I just get it replaced for approx $170Cdn.
:"Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beaut-I-ful boyyyy..."
I have a Dyson and I love my Dyson..do you have a Kohls. I bought mine when it was on sale and then another 30% off and then $10 for every $50 you spend..(I LOVE a good deal:)
ReplyDeleteI will say I do have the animal but I have never used the attachement thing for it.
I just can not get over how big your twins are getting. They are so darn CUTE!! I love Chicks curls:)
Their cuteNess is breathtaking!!!
ReplyDeleteSO great to hear that Pe is doing so well.
Hope J is feelign better..ugh!
You rock and anyone would be lucky to know you.
I want to lose weight but my ass is lazy...no excuse. Just the facts!
MW is barftastic!! Sorry...Mayo all the way!
Sounds nummy!
Dysons are great...we have a Bissell and it is dandy. Costco buy.
Keep smilin!
Yes! We recently got a Hoover Tempo Widepath. I paid US$68 not including bags, which were another $7 for a 9-pack.
ReplyDeleteOur previous vacuum was a Kenmore that cost around $400. It went through three major repairs since we bought it in 2006. When it finally broke this last time, we gave up and decided to try the Hoover which costs less than another repair would have.
DH says that even if we had to get a new Hoover every year, we'd still come out ahead compared to what we spent on the Kenmore, which I'm sure won't be necessary.
It works fine, no worse or better than any other vacuum we've had.
You're getting some great close-ups! Burrito and Tamale always try to grab the camera if I get that close. Always.
I'm glad to see the little ones are doing well! I always read and keep up but i havent commented much before because i don't think it worked last time i tried..
ReplyDeletei really liked your neighbour story. i think its very nice and should never be taken for granted that you are lucky to have sane neighbours. in bigger cities things like this would never happen.. i hope one day to have a bbq specifically to get to know the neighbours, signs on the mailboxes and the like :)
you might have some luck trying to find a vacuum on freecycle? my mum's friend uses it (really, really avidly) and she ends up getting such great things. its worth a try i'd say. http://groups.freecycle.org/freecycledurhamregion/description