Saturday, January 8, 2011

Just Some Things

  •  The twins woke up this morning at 8:15am Seriously.  The late hour isn't unusual for Chick (I often have to wake her up so that she and Pea can stay on the same nap schedule) but it is unusual for my sleep-challenged Pea.  It is the latest we have slept in since the twins were born.  Sleep.  Glorious sleep. 
  • I finally admitted defeat in my 6+ week fight with my sinuses and hauled myself to our local walk-in clinic this afternoon. My ears and throat are looking horrid, apparently, but I don't have any pain. I'm now armed with antibiotics (boo!) and hope to begin to feel better within a few days.
  • Cold weather drives me insane, but I truly love snow. The more, the better. We've spent a lot of time playing out in the snow this week and it's been so much fun.
  • We are dealing with sibling rivalry something fierce in this house. Chick and Pea "argue" about several things and by many days' end, I feel like all I've said is, "BE KIND!" and "SHARE!". We are trying to teach Chick to stand up for herself when it comes to Pea's affinity for anything with which she is playing. J. actually had a talk with her last night and told her "not to be a statistic".  I laughed!
  • Pea's surgery is a little over a week away.  Tonight, while swimming at the recreation center, I held him so close to me and stared into his gray-blue eyes.  He is the most beautiful boy I have ever known in my life. I wish I could keep him just the way he is forever.  Alas, his sight is more important than his mother's sentimental notions.  He will be okay.  Me?  Maybe not.
  •  I really, really want this particular spice rack.  I haven't wanted anything in a very long time.  Birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays come and go and I never want a single thing.  Now, I have found something I desperately want, but can't justify the expense.  Sigh.
    • Chick and Pea's Great Gramma is staying with my parents indefinitely while she seeks treatment from some specialists here. We have been enjoying her company so much and it's so great that she is here.
    Photobucket
    Rubbing Noses with Chick
    Photobucket

    9 comments:

    1. I love how you love so completely your twin loves.

      Miss D's fave new word...."Mine". I feel your pain!

      The spice rack is from someone in Mtl. I can pick it up for you and save shipping cost. Hubs is going to TO for work early Feb. He can bring it and maybe get it to you?

      He is going to be fine and I wish I could be there to hold your hand.

      Keep smilin!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I hope Pea this isn't an anomaly for Pea and you are able to sleep in more often.

      I'm glad you went to the doctors even if it means anti-biotics. You need to take care of yourself.

      I hate everything about winter. But I'm glad you have been able to find some joy out of it.

      I see my nephews and their sibling rivalry. Lucas keeps insisting Jacob has to share but apparently it doesn't work the other way around.

      Pea will be fine and so will you!

      That is a lovely spice rack. Keep it on your wish list because you never know :).

      I'm so glad that great grandma is close by so Chick and Pea can enjoy her company. Very sweet pictures.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hopefully Pea is on a new road to more sleep? One can keep their fingers crossed. I can't believe that you have suffered for 6+ weeks. Next time get the to the doc sooner. It makes no sense to suffer. You have enough on your plate. I can't stand winter either but I'm glad others do. "Mine" and sibling rilvary is a huge issue here too. Plus the "I had it first" from the older one. Sorry to say that it will continue for both of us for a long while to come. Pea will be fine and you will too. It won't be easy as I well know but you have the strength to get through it. I have to check out that spice rack myself. And spending time with loved ones is the best way to spend your free time.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow - 8:15 - were you wondering around the house aimlessly wondering what to do with yourself? Hopefully this is the start of something wonderful!

      6 week with an infection? I hope you feel better soon!!

      I am with Dolores - I don't really like anything about winter.

      I remember sibling rivalry when I was a kid with my sister. We had it down to an art.

      Pea is definitely a beautiful boy now and will be after the surgery. I wish you both strength on surgery day and for the recovery after that.

      Do the lids of the spice rack hook onto the bar? VERY cool!!

      I am glad you are enjoying time with Grandma!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I hope Pea is still sleeping this morning. :o)
      There are many nights when I'm up with Nugget and I think about you. I remember the post you wrote about looking out the window while rocking Pea. I often wonder if you are up doing the same thing I am. :o)

      I hope the meds have kicked in and you're feeling better.

      The spice rack is so neat.

      You and Pea will be in my thoughts next week. I'm sure he will do fine. HUGS.

      ReplyDelete
    6. That is one awesome spice rack!

      I know you worry about Pea and his surgery. Each time I've had to send in one of my girls for a surgery, it killed me. It is one of the hardest thing a mother has to do. Of course he'll be fine and you will be as well, my friend.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Praying for Pea with his surgery and I hope he will have a speedy recovering. He will do wonderfully - I know it.

      Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. And just so you know, I think YOU are an amazing mom. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading about how much you love those two beautiful babies.

      ReplyDelete
    8. That is a beautiful spice rack, but not enough bottles for me -- my current spice rack has 24, and it's still not quite enough.

      Glad that you and the babies get to spend more time with your Gramma.

      Pea will be okay! So will you.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Snow, snow glorious snow! Sounds like we shoud have lots more for you to play with by tomorrow morning! Hmmm...wonder if Hannah will want to wake up at 5:30 to help Mama shuble?

      Your Grandma is precious! Priceless moments with Chick and Pea!

      Praying for you, Pea, docs, nurses, the surgery. I can't imagine what you are feeling but am surrounding you with prayers, love and (((hugs)))

      ReplyDelete