Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Last New Year's Eve, we were nursing a sick and teething Chick and reading tons of stories to Pea. They were 4.5 months old, weren't walking, standing or even sitting up on their own. My, how things change in just one year.

This morning, on this mild New Year's Eve Day, we took the twins swimming at the local recreation center.  As Chick jumped in the pool 50+ times in a row, I marveled at her strength, her determination and her drive.  She is incredible.  I still can't believe she's all ours.  Forever.

Pea's method of enjoying the pool is much more relaxed.  He's happy floating around in his inflatable ring while holding onto one of many toys he picks up along the way.  You can't help but be calmed by him.  His easy-going personality makes him incredibly lovable.  Again, I still can't believe he's ALL ours.  Forever. 

We are living a fairytale.  It's not all peaches and roses, for sure.  There are days when bed time can't come soon enough and when J. and I feel as though our efforts are lost amid the crying.  But for the most part, our lives are amazing, wonderful, and so full of laughter. 

You know, the years of infertility took their toll on us.  They were difficult years.  However, J. and I always agreed that we were lucky to have the marriage/love/friendship we did.  If push came to shove, we would have preferred to have a wonderful marriage and no kids than to have a so-so marriage with kids.  Now, we have an amazing marriage with wonderful kids.  How fortunate are we?  Very.

2010 was a memorable and fun-filled year.  I can only imagine what is in store for us in 2011.

Happy New Year to everyone! 

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment to share going into a new year...I can definately tell from your posts how grateful you are for everything. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy New Year to your precious family! I hope 2011 is WONDERFUL and filled with precious, unforgettable moments with your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to both of you and the twins. I'm sure this one will be even better than the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were a wonderful couple and now you have turned into a wonderful family.

    It has been quite a year for you and things are only going to get better and better.

    Happy New Year to the four of you. You all deserve all good things that come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart is glad so glad to see this posting. I wish you all abundance love my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you guys..
    Happy New Year..
    Can't wait to follow your Wonderful Family..
    Hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  8. An entire year filled with the most precious blessings that you ever dreamed of - with MORE TO COME! That's what I like to see for my bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to prepare to welcome in the new year! Splashing and jumping into the new year, celebrating being a family. You are forever blessed by your precious Chick and Pea and those of us blessed to know you are thankful for having you in our lives. You are treasured, precious friends and we love you.

    All the best in 2011! What fun to see what's in store for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2010 was a great year and 201 will only keep getting better!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete