J. has been working a lot of overtime lately to compensate for the lack of funds coming in while I'm on an extended maternity leave. This weekend (the first in a very, very long while) we were able to spend he entire weekend as a family of four. It was lovely. While we had plans yesterday, today was free and we could do whatever we wanted.
So, what did we do?
We woke up to the cuteness of Pea. At some point in the night (I think it was 4:00am or so) Pea came to bed with us and fell asleep in my arms. At 7:20am he woke us up by alternating kisses between J. and I. Seriously. Can you think of a better way to wake up than that? Chick finally decided to get up at around 8:00am and I quickly made my way up the stairs to scoop her up out of her crib. One of my favorite things to do with Chick on the weekends is to take her downstairs and surprise her with Daddy. The smile that spreads across her face when she sees that Daddy is home is priceless.
All four of us stayed in our PJs ALL day. It poured rain here in Toronto, so it was a perfect excuse to laze around and do nothing.* Even when we decided to take the twins swimming late in the afternoon, none of us changed out of our PJs to go! We just packed up our suits and hit the road. So much fun!
I wish every weekend could include a day like today. It totally rejuvenates all of us and reminds us how lucky we are to have the family we do.
*"Nothing" is a misnomer with twin toddlers. Of course there was tons of playing house, playing kitchen, jumping on couches, playing airplane, using Mommy and Daddy as a climbing gym, etc. It was definitely a jam packed day of "nothing".
Sounds like a perfect day to moi.
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like a PJ day. Glad you were able to enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteSounds absolutely heavenly!
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE unsolicited baby kisses! The other day Row was climbing the stairs with me right behind him and halfway up he stopped to turn around and give me a kiss and then carried on the rest of the way up. I just about melted down to nothing.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great day. I'm so glad your hubby had the day with you and the twins. :)
ReplyDeleteFun family day! Sounds like a great one.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
Bliss!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the overtime. My husband has also been working a lot of extra hours because I stopped working to be home with Lovey Girl.
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely weekend! I find so many of our weekends get filled up with plans and activities, it really makes me appreciate the times we don't have any set plans and can just hang out in pjs all day.
ReplyDelete