Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And Now It's December

  • Tanya came to visit last weekend.  Then, she had the audacity to leave.  Something about "I have a family to get back to." Blah, Blah, Blah.  I miss her like crazy.  
  • We put up a small, four foot Christmas tree on the weekend just to see how the twins would react.  We fervently worked on "gentle" all the while.  Last night, the big tree went up.  Today has been an exercise in futility patience as I redirect the twins away from the ornaments every five seconds.
  • Big, fluffy snowflakes are gently falling to the ground at this very second.  The trees are lit, candles are burning, soup is in the slow cooker, I am sipping tea and the twins are napping (well, I can still hear Chick chattering away in her crib).   
  • Before I brought the twins up to bed, we put on our snowsuits and went out to play in the flakes.  They weren't sure what to make of the whole thing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
  • I just went to check on Chick (who was still chattering in her crib after 30 minutes) and she was STRADDLING her crib.  I guess it's time to put the mattress on the lowest level.  
  • Over the weekend, the Holiday Train rolled through our town. We bundled up the kids and traveled the two minutes down the road to see Santa leap out from one of the cars.  It was beautiful, but too crowded for us.  Additionally, a lot of people (A LOT) lit up cigarettes in the crowd of kids.  Listen, it's your choice to smoke, but it's not MY choice, nor my kids' choice to inhale it. 
  • These candles make me happy.  There are five and on each one is a word that is illuminated when lit.  The words are: Love, Cherish, Joy, Peace, and Hope. 
Photobucket

    Photobucket
    The twins discovering the Christmas tree this morning upon waking.

    • Lastly, here is a video for the family.  My parents will be so happy.  It's long.  It contains exponential levels of cuteness.  You've been warned.



    Compilation of Cuteness from Two Kayaks on Vimeo.

    10 comments:

    1. I am sitting here with a smile and a warm heart. Such cuties. Such a lucky momma you are.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am so thrilled that I got to see most of that in person!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I LOVE how they play so well together.

      I love Pea's look of awe looking up at the tree. Chick's fear of snow is a good one too!

      I have 'tick tock' in my head now.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love the picture of them staring at the tree..I so miss when mine were that age as they made it FUN!!!!
      I love your candles..where did you get them?

      ReplyDelete
    5. Such sweetness! Love all the giggles in your videos. Pea's laughter at the beginning was adorable to watch and little Chick kept looking at him as if to say, 'hmmm...there must be something funny to laugh about so I'd better join him' but it was all serious for a second when she dropped her spoon then back to giggles again. Beyond adorable!

      I too have the tick tock song in my head...thanks! (Chick has a great beat going in that one. Future musicians in your family?)

      Is it Saturday yet?

      ReplyDelete
    6. *sigh* I'm in love with your family:)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh my! That video did have oodles of cuteness! I love me some good belly laughs. :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. your tree is just beautiful and i love those candles. that video was priceless.

      ReplyDelete
    9. No gazing in awe at the tree for us. Lovey Girl thought it was way more fun to pull the ornaments (plastic ones) off the tree and throw them (sigh). She does like the lights though.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Their laughter melts my heart!! The dancing is too too too cute. The magic of Xmas thru the eyes of children...truly magical.

      Keep smilin!

      ReplyDelete