Monday, November 8, 2010
In The End Only This Matters
There is a shift happening in my life. I can feel it. More and more, I'm deleting certain blogs from my reader (and people from my life, for that matter) and adding others that focus on positivity, on compassion and on kindness. I want to build a life for my family and friends that is blanketed in all three. Truly.
After I watched the video above (take the time to watch it in its entirety) I thought about the ways people might remember me after I'm gone.
My parents and my brother will likely remember me as determined, stubborn, strong, and dependable.
J. will remember me as independent, strong-willed and loving.
Tanya will likely remember me as funny, tenacious, loyal, and odd.
My friends will likely remember me as loyal and funny.
My students will remember me as strict (remember a whole class decided I could take Chuck Norris in a fight), knowledgeable, and sarcastic.
I don't know that "kind" would be first on anyone's list to describe me. It's not a bad thing. I mean, the words above are pretty nice words I've given myself on behalf of others and the reality of it may not, in fact, be so accurate. It's not that I'm not kind. I know I am, but it seems like these other adjectives are more prominent.
And so, I'm working on it. I mean, aren't we all?
Labels:
Things I'm Thinking About
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Agreed :-)
ReplyDeleteI think you're all those things AND kind.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Tanya! You are all those things you listed that everyone would say about you AND kind and giving and thoughtful and a beautiful person - inside and out!
ReplyDeleteI would hate living in a world where you were not a part of. You are SO kind. And thoughtful. And funny. And sweet. And a wonderful mother, wife, daughter and friend. And I am so blessed to call you "sister".
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
a thoughtful post K. and i agree. we could all work on it more (though so interesting that the first word i ever used to describe G was kind- i told him and still do that he is the kindest person i have ever known)... and it would be nice to be remembered that way, for sure.
ReplyDeleteThis post made me think....how would people remember me? Everything I do has an impact on someone. That is a scary thought, quite frankly. And a huge responsibility. Thanks for reminding me to always be on guard, and to remember that especially my little people, are watching. *HUG*
ReplyDeleteI will remember you as an encourager and a faithful friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're focusing on what is good and positive. I try to do the same. Kind of hard to do in this first trimester dominated by nausea, but overall it's the way I roll. :)
I guess I have not known you long enough to not describe you as a very kind person, you have been to me and my family. You have one of the coolest, most caring, determined and strong woman I know. What else can someone ask for?
ReplyDeleteI have had to "weed" my garden in the last two years. Initially very tough but in the end, better for it.
You continuously give me more to strive for. Thank you.
ReplyDelete