Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Realization

The babies are 11.5 months old and are now walking almost exclusively.

I was making lunch today when each baby walked into the kitchen to see what I was doing. I had to think too long in order to figure out the last time I saw either of them crawl. They still do crawl when they are very tired or when they want to get somewhere quickly, but the preferred transportation mode these days is on two feet.

Sigh...

We are planning the first birthday celebration with family and friends. I am excited and sad at the same time. Time is cruel and wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. I am shocked that they are going to be turning ONE!! How did that happen so quickly?

    It just seemed like yesterday when you were pregnant and we were waiting to meet the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly is amazing how fast they grow up..
    I can't believe it has been a year..
    amazing..
    hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is one powerful statement: time is cruel and wonderful.

    i so get that.

    and can't believe they are almost a year old. it flies. it flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you are so proud of how well they are doing. It is testiment to your wonderful parenting. The big 1 is right around the corner and I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do they grow so fast? Happy to hear your sweeties are enjoying their new found freedom that walking brings.

    ReplyDelete