Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Party People

On Sunday, we held a small gathering at our house for the babies' birthday. Being at the height of the summer holiday season, some people were away and couldn't make it, but those who did come to celebrate with us made the day a special one for all involved. We can't tell you how much we appreciated those of you who came to watch the babies open their gifts and to watch them smoosh cake all over their little faces. It meant a great deal to us, given the length of time it took to bring these little lives into existence. It wasn't just any ol' birthday, that's for certain.
Photobucket
The Birthday Girl and Boy make their debut!  How proud of themselves are they?
 
 Photobucket
SO cute in his little outfit. 

Photobucket
I named this picture "BC":  Before Cake. 

Photobucket
We decided to get the babies each their own cake.  I was SO VERY glad we did.  They wasted no time digging in, that's for sure!

Photobucket
Amazingly, only a tiny bit of his while shirt got messy. 
Photobucket
So lady-like.
Photobucket
We almost threw away that sippy cup.  It was disgusting and caked with...well...cake.

Photobucket
Seeing the joy in their faces as they opened up gifts specifically for each of them...priceless.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT..
    The photos are priceless..
    Sounds like a wonderful day.
    Hugz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the cake pictures, nearly as much as the babies loved the cake.
    Such a wonderful celebration of 2 fantastic little guys.
    Happy belated birthday, Chick and Pea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful celebration!!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party! You did a wonderful job of focusing on their individuality, always a challenge with a joint party for twins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting to see these pics and they definitely didn't disappoint. Such cuteness and happiness and the cake pics....oh my! Adorable, adorable, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent first cake pictures!! I love how they dug right in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does that book actually have a picture of Chick right in it? It looks like it!

    Love the cake pics. Too funny. When Sarah turned one, I was a....ahem..."good" mom and made her a sugarless cake. She had had NO sugar at all. Then I had more kids and it was allllll downhill from there. I loosened up and had fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had the very best time celebration this momentous day with your cuties! Fun, fun, fun!!

    Happy, Happy Birthday Chick and Pea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so sorry that we were not able to make the celebrations. Glad to hear it was a good day for all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously - too much birthday goodness! Love the hats - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete