- We have been spending a lot of time in the water over the past few weeks. The babies love floating around on their inner tube thingies and J. and I take turns relaxing in the hot tub while the other floats with the babies. Bliss!
- When we were in process to adopt, our social worker asked us to describe the most important room in the house as a family. I described our kitchen; the kitchen table, more specifically. It is very important to me that our family has dinner together every night. Now, for a "cereal, toast and rice" girl that I was, this could have proved to be a challenge. However, with a little inspiration from Tanya and with some recipe searches, I am slowly compiling a 4 - 6 week menu plan that will be yummy when all is said and done. So far, I've made Red Lentil and Cauliflower Curry, Broccoli and Quinoa Casserole, Black Bean Pasta, and Curried Chickpeas and Blackbeans. Everything, so far, has been a hit with J. and with the babies. Well, we both though the last dish might prove a little too much for the babies' digestive systems, so we fed them my mom's tuna casserole instead on that night.
- Tanya and her beautiful family came up for the long Canada Day weekend, but before they arrived (and while Chick was napping) Pea and I took a walk in the beautiful sunshine.
- The weekend was a fun one and we successfully planted the romance seeds between Chick and Rowan. They are fated to be together and Tanya and I are working hard to make it happen.
![]() | |
| If this isn't love, I don't know what is. |
- We took some GORGEOUS shots of the babies in their Canada Day shirts. Okay, well...we took some pictures.
![]() | |||
| Perfect!!! |
![]() |
| Come to Canada! We have hangers! |
- We are so blessed to live in Canada where our government recognizes the importance of the first year of life. Being able to take a whole year of maternity leave is amazing and I am grateful for the time I have spent with Chick and Pea. That said, I have decided not to go back to work in September. I have been approved for a one year leave of absence and will then consider going back to teaching when the babies are two. We'll see. We will have to pinch our pennies HARD, but it will be worth it, right?
- Chick's left front tooth is threatening to break through. She has not been herself since last weekend and I'll be glad when the pressure is relieved in her gums. Poor little thing.
- A little video of a new thing Chick's been up to. How cute is she?
- A little video of what Pea's been up to. If my heart wasn't able to stretch with love, it would burst.







Walking? Seriously? They are getting so big. Sad and exciting at the same time.
ReplyDeleteLove the update. I've missed you :-)
Hot tub?? When did that happen??
ReplyDeleteWOW.... I sooo cannot believe how much they are growing up ..
ReplyDeleteWalking.. omw..
they are tooo cute..
love all the dinners..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..
If I didn't already live in Canada, Chick would definitely convince me to come!! Hangers you say! How fantastic is that!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT walking Pea! He looks so proud of himself - as he should be!
Absolutely amazing those babies of yours are.
ReplyDeleteAnd, uh, yes it will SO be worth it to stay home for another year (or more ;-D)!
btw, Row enjoyed playing with your canadian hanger so much that he now has one in his toy box.
Double video cuteness. Such a great way to start my day.
ReplyDeleteThey're worth every pinched penny!
ReplyDeleteWish I could be doing the same:)Maybe after the next baby . . .
Holy overachieving babies!!! YEAH!
ReplyDeleteUmm...did you get a hot tub and not share?
Keep smilin!
The good thing about your hiatus is that you were able to save up so much big stuff. Esp. your work decision and the videos!
ReplyDeleteHooray!
So cute, love the canada day shirts.
ReplyDeleteAnd good for you on taking the extra time off. I took an extended mat leave my third time and it was great. Now I'm back and I'm finding the working mommy thing quite a juggle, esp with 3 kids all in different activities, dealing with homework, etc. I'm seriously questioning whether or not I should be at work for the next few years, it's a big decision.
OH MY GOSH! Walking and talking! Incredible!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can totally tell that Rowan and Chick are a perfect match - LOL!
Good for you for staying home! They're only young once and it'll be so worth it ....even if you have to clip coupons and stuff for awhile. If I had the option... I'd absolutely be a SAHM. At least until Mia was ready for pre-school.
ReplyDelete