Friday, July 23, 2010

High Energy

I used to be able to tuck the babies into bed and dive into iPhoto and blogger in order to write about the day's happenings. Now that we have two *almost* full-time walkers, life has taken a dizzying turn. A good turn, but dizzying nonetheless.
For the past week or so, once the babies are settled for the evening J. and I sit on our couch and stare. That's about all we can handle. Staring. If I'm lucky, I will get enough energy to scour the web in search of recipes for the next day's dinner, but that's pushing it.
Our kids are high energy kids. Like "Mount-Everest-High-Energy". I don't know that I could handle babies who weren't high energy, but for the love of all things holy, perhaps a little down time would help a gal out.
Some pictures from the last week:
Photobucket
We've been driving around in our push buggy.  Pea does not let the pink color deter him from having fun. 
Photobucket
We've been playing with bubbles (and saying (GAH-goss) when we see the bottle coming out!
Photobucket
So cute!!
Photobucket
Ontario Early Years sets up free mobile playgrounds in various parks across the region.  On this day, we took advantage of the toys in the park across the street.
Photobucket
My cool dude!  Chick refused to keep her sunglasses on.
Photobucket
He liked J.'s sunglasses so much that he wanted to rip them off of his face.
Photobucket
I gave the babies a mango to play with as I prepared their breakfasts.  Babies can't chew through the tough skin of a mango, right?  Wrong!!  Chick had half the tag sticking out of her mouth.  Sigh...look at those faces. 
Photobucket
This is gross, but it's a PSA for safety.  Never leave a razor in the bathtub/shower WITHOUT a cap on. Mine fell off the shelf and stabbed me in the pinkie toe.  Yowza.  Lesson learned.

12 comments:

  1. I totally understand "high energy". It sure keeps you on your booboo-d toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The babies keeping you busy keeps you out of trouble right??

    They are as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one new walker that seems to have endless energy. I can't imagine TWO.
    They're so cute!!
    Ouch!! Poor toe!! Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have done the PSA without the photo. Or at the very least without a close-up photo!

    It's a good thing I've got two extra helpers for babysitting when you guys come visit! As we well know "high energy" is definitely not my thing. Thank goodness I have a baby who is more my speed! For now anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I understand high energy! You got my SOS call last night just to share Hannah's latest adventures. As I said, cannot imagine what it will be like with 2! Wow!!

    Your sweeties are oh so adorable! Looking forward to seeing you soon and chasing after our 3 together. Hey, we can tag team while the other catches her breath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one of mine is high-energy, and he totally tuckers me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. I leave my razor like that all the time. I think I will change that....:-(

    As for the pink car....we got Adam a very girly car for his 3rd birthday. He had just gotten home and he REALLY loved riding in cars. The ONLY one we could find was a purple one that had princess crowns on it. So....he did love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, can I relate! Db was running along the top of the couch yesterday, jumping from arm to arm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sit and stare - I know it well!

    One good thing is in a couple of years they will start to play together really well and not need your help so much, except to mitigate the endless fights . . . but when they do play together it's bliss! And then you'll say, "I don't know how anyone does it with just 1 kid!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I feel your "high energy" pain. If I had two Briana's - I'd never make it! I barely survive one. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah staring sounds about right. And groaning, you didn't count that one, and that's definitely an activity. Oh, and sometimes, that first year or two, TubaDad and I would both sit on the couch at the end of the day and occasionally email each other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean. Our boys are keeping us on our toes too!

    ReplyDelete