Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Troopers

The babies had their two month check up today and they are both doing very well.  Chick now weighs 10lbs 6oz and Pea weighs 10lbs 10oz. This is funny because Chick eats SO much more than Pea does.  Chick has been sucking back 4.5 - 5 oz of milk every four hours while Pea has only been eating 3.5oz at every feed up until this week.  Now he is up to 4 - 4.5oz.

The most difficult part of today was that each baby had to get their vaccinations.  Oh, the horror.  We were very worried about them and hated the thought of them being in any kind of pain, but it was okay.  The first shot was easy and neither baby flinched, but the second shot sent both into big cries.  As soon as we picked them up, though, they were pretty well soothed.  I think it was harder on us than it was on them.

So, now we watch for any signs of a reaction or fever.  Hopefully, we'll only have slight fussiness for the next 24 hours or so.  Wish us luck.


Pea (Left) as we left for the doctor's office.
Chick (Right) asleep on her daddy after the fact.

11 comments:

  1. Yeah! Good to hear that tears all around were at a minimum.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad it wasn't too hard on the twins.

    Luck wished that there are no reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toooo CUTE..
    Love the photo..
    Have a great week..
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am soo glad you wrote to me on my blog! I have been trying to find you, but my old link would not work. THEN...I find you and wow!!! I have to go catch up on your blog now!! It looks like amazing blessings have showered your home!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad it went well. Most reactions happen in the first 48 hours. So keep a good eye on the cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay..I'm caught up now and I am just beside myself happy for you!! They are so precious and could not have a more deserving mommy and daddy! There are no words to say how happy I am for you...enjoy :)

    I'll follow more closely now that I have your blog address again!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pea looks like he is trying to check something out, like "what's that".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I remember the first vaccination! I think I teared up a bit, poor baby! Then I got all hard and callous with the other kids because, well, Sarah, my guinea pig, was fine. :-) I did feel bad for Adam and Jeane when we got back from Africa, though. They had to get FIVE in one day. That sucked. They got ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah . . . poor little Chick and Pea. The joys of growing up! I think you'll find yourself using that line: "I think it was harder on us than it was on them" more often. It's so true!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Chick and Pea! Look how they're growing and getting healthier and healthier. What sweeties.

    Hope today was ok with little/no reaction to their needles. Poor sweeties!

    ReplyDelete