Monday, October 12, 2009

First Thanksgiving

With so much for which to be thankful, we spent a lovely Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends. As we were driving to my brother's house for dinner last night, I told the babies all about Thanksgiving and why we celebrate together as a family. Okay, so they slept the entire time I was talking, but no matter. Perhaps they understood through osmosis.

K2 and I were SO excited to be invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with my
~
Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.
~
parents, my brother and his family not only because we love them and enjoy their company, but because we have been living primarily on whatever is quickest to eat for each meal of the day. Twins tend to tag team people and getting a meal prepared and eaten is not an easy task. Most nights, we dine on Mini Wheats and Raisin Bran. So, knowing that a hot, scrumptious meal awaited us was a very exciting prospect (we also got to take massive amounts of food home with us).

The babies were great while out last night and were cuddled by all of the people who love them so much. We successfully made it through dinner without having to tend to the babies as we put them in their bouncy seats and each had one under foot. They were bounced throughout the dinner and made nary a peep the entire time. Sadly, none of us remembered to take any pictures.

I just looked up from the computer to see two beautiful blue eyes staring at me from a bouncy seat. I thought she was sleeping, but she is simply taking it all in.

Indeed we have so much for which to be thankful.

4 comments:

  1. They are the most precious and we too are thankful that they are here.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving..
    Glad you had a great time with family..
    HUGS..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, K1, K2, Chick and Pea!

    I thought of you today as I ate my traditional sushi dinner and blizzard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ellie and I love watching the video of your sweeties. She keeps trying to sign shhh baby when they cry! What beautiful babies you have!

    ReplyDelete