Another surefire method of calming Pea is to breastfeed him, but this isn't feasible since he would be attached to me nearly the whole day and Chick would miss out.
What is best for Pea, it seems, is to carry him as tightly against me as possible. We spent $15 at a consignment shop for a Snugli and it has saved our souls so many times over. Not only does it calm Pea, but I can carry one child while doing dishes, while making beds, while feeding another child, etc. VERY handy for moms of twins, for sure. And, how great is it to look down and see this?
Pea asleep in the carrier this morning after crying for a long while.
On another note, do you think this bib is too big for Chick? Hopefully, she will grow into it soon enough! I laughed SO hard when I put this on her this morning.


Yea for Snugli/snuggly solutions!
ReplyDeleteI love the bib...hee hee! TOO cute!
Keep smilin!
That bib is HOOOOOGE...but cute.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried cutting out dairy? Alan had what I didn't even realize was reflux. I talked to a few people and they all said stop eating dairy. With in 4 hours he was much happier. In 3 days even happier and around day 10 he was the happiest baby ever. Our doctor said it's really common for premies to have a hard time digesting dairy protein that comes through in our milk. I'm sure you've heard it or tried it already but just in case I had to post. Peas rough times sound a lot like Alan's were.
ReplyDelete-Jen-
The bib is tooo cute.. she will grow into it.. cherish this age..they grow up fast..
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are finding ways to get little pea to calm down..
Hugs..
have a great week..
We loved our Snugli too. And the bib is priceless. Make sure you save it so she'll be able to see just how tiny she was then.
ReplyDeleteIs he spinning the kid? I can just imagine the windmill approach. Man, whatever works.
ReplyDelete