Thursday, September 10, 2009

On Making Life Easier

  • We brought our boy to the pediatrician two days ago because he was still having some trouble with breathing through the night.  Thankfully, the doctor said that his lungs sounded clear and thought that the congestion was only in his sinuses.  So, he prescribed some medicated drops and now he seems to be doing better.
  • We bought a second bassinet yesterday. The one on the right was lent to us by one of K2's brothers and the one on the right is the one we bought.  We found it at a consignment shop and got a great deal on it.  The babies HATE their cribs.  HATE.  They refuse to sleep in them and we think it's because they are too expansive for little ones who are used to being in the womb.  The bassinets are a huge hit and we managed to get FOUR HOURS of sleep last night because of them!!  Happiness!!!
  •  We bought a drying rack for our bottles yesterday.  It's the small things that make life these days a little easier, my friends...
 
  • Speaking of making things easier, the greatest indication of newborn health is their feeding/elimination history.  We started this chart while in the hospital because we could never remember who ate what and who had a poopy diaper when the nurses would ask.  We have kept it up at home and it definitely helps.
 
  • Lastly, how cute are these hands?

16 comments:

  1. being organized really helps.

    I keep an elimination chart for Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, organization really helps things run smoother.

    I'm glad you are getting into the swing of your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...you are finding your groove and what tricks work.

    Those hands ARE the cutest!

    Keep smilin

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. YEAH for only snotty sinuses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 hours!! That is GREAT! You must feel like new people today! It is so much easier to handle anything when you have had a good nights sleep.

    Not only are the hand adorable, but the people that they belong to too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning to use TrixieTracker (online software, though there's also an iPhone version). I could manage paper charts with one, but with two, software seems like it will work better for us, esp. with the added component of medications which the babies may need to take if they're as premature as anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4 hrs is a big deal - i hope it continues with the new beds and less snot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU guys are doing AMAZING..
    love the little helpful things..
    Have a great week.
    Glad you are getting some rest.. before long they will be sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG..
    love those cute little hands and his sweet little face..
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's the first picture we've seen of Baby boy with his eyes open. What a sweetie. And it appears that Baby Girl isn't the only one obsessed with her hands...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I could just gobble up those little hands! So sweet!

    Glad you're getting in a groove. Having a pattern with twins is essential to survival - for everyone:)

    Also, do you swaddle the babies for sleep? If not, it might help with the close feeling they crave. It was the only way I got much sleep in the first couple months with the Sea Creatures.

    So happy for your updates - they always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you guys have figured out a way to keep the babies happy and you sane.

    The hands are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My babies hated their cribs too. They would never sleep in them. I think they, too, felt they were too big and too cold. So I just let them sleep in their car seats. I know I wasn't "supposed to" but they were SO much happier in them. They just curled up and slept and we were all much happier. :-)

    Baby hands= wonder

    ReplyDelete
  13. Organization is key to a happy mommy and daddy too. Just knowing where to find answers must give some relief when you're trying desperately to interpret each little squeak and sqwak from your precious babies.

    The little bassinetts are too cute. (ok...it's not a spelling morning I'm realizing! Oh well!)

    Love those little hands....too sweet for words!!

    Miss you like crazy!!! Has it only been 5 days??

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! When they outgrow the bassinets maybe share one crib? They're probably lonely without the other on top of them. Love the baby hands

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! I just read all your posts and your family is lovely! The babies are precious!
    Congrats!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy for ONE Year (almost)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the chart is a lifesaver until about 6 months...

    if you still have an eating elimination chart when they are three I will come up there and spank you! Believe me...I've seen it all!

    You look like you are doing awesome with the Little K's, they are lucky kiddoes!

    ReplyDelete